Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: QVC pricing on clothes has gone overboard

I like to try on my clothes so I buy local.  I have a few items from QVC that I have not been able to find any place else as nice.  But I do not buy clothes any more unless I need a new color in the two items that I like. 

Both are SG items.  Lace cami and butterknit T. I have about every color in those two items and they fit me well. They wash nicely and I wear them as layering pieces all year long. Many a top has come and gone in my closet but these remain.  Once I figured out that the butterknit top I purchased at first was too big and decided to go down a size and worked after that.  

I can find anything else I need at good prices locally.  Coupons and sales are great and no shipping charges.  The thing I also like is the other day I tried on a maxi skirt that I really loved but was a little big around the waist.  Went and looked on line and had a size smaller so I ordered it and perfect.  I like that I was able to try on and see that my regular size was a tad too big. Inconsistent sizing happens everywhere.  

Valued Contributor

The same here. Times have changed.

Honored Contributor

I just went and looked, my newer tops are in front, so it was easy.

Since the first of the year its been four from QVC, two from HSN, one from local store, and eight from Evine.  That's a high number for me to buy in a six month period.  Most of the Evine ones were very good sale or regular prices. 

Occasional Contributor

Agree totally on the overpricing of clothing. When a top is $50 don't forget to add the shipping and tax-now we're talking at least $60. How can I build a wardrobe with those prices? I live about 10 mins. from QVC. Fortunately I can shop at the Studio store and see the quality of the items. No offense to anyone-LOGO tops are very flimsy tee shirt material. While I think some are cute, why would I pay hose prices for a tee shirt?
Honored Contributor

I have to agree with you that prices have gone up especially with D&Co. What I don't understand are the Q's "Clearance prices" which are not much of a discount.  I think the Q needs to offer a 20% or more discount every so often to the buyer on one or more pieces on a particular day.  Everyone needs incentive to buy and since we can't try the clothes on, and the Q keeps our shipping charges now, we could use some PERKS -- all in favor raise your hand!

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I think the regular prices for clothing on shopping channels has gone up. All of those overseas manufacturers likely get paid in U.S. Dollars too so even when clothing is cheaply made, they aren't that cheap after all. QVC also isn't known for their fashion sales either while other tv networks are.
Honored Contributor

I agree, I have not purchased any clothing from Q this.  I just purchase what I cannot get anywhere.  I love Summer Grace so I ordered the large mega size.  I also purchased a BB Ring that was a TSV and a good price and easy pay.  I purchase my clothing from Evine, HSN and Kohls.  I also purchase most of my jewelry from Evine, they have some of the lovliest and unique designs.  I also purchase jewelry from HSN as well.  I use to shop Q exclusively until I discovered the others. 

Honored Contributor

My life style is very casual and I really don't need lots of clothes for it, so when I want new clothes, even casual ones, I buy what I like within reason.  I'm not paying $250 for a tank top or $400 for a pair of trousers which keeps me out of upscale boutiques, but for the few items I buy new --  QVC's prices are fine with me if I can get the style and fabric and fit I want.

What I see most is that posters don't complain so much about the prices of the designers or lines they really like - and often I think they wouldn't buy some of the things they complain about no matter the price.  I know that would be me -  there are plenty of things I wouldn't buy even if they were $15 instead of $50.  But that's true whether I'm shopping here or almost anywhere.  I need to like something about the item to even bother to think about the price.

Frequent Contributor

I really like some things on Q but can no longer afford them ,I did buy 2 tops this year and that is it. I NOW go to BM stores where i get coupons for so much off and do quite well .It is a shame but the prices are high and the shipping cost is way to much .The two tops I order came in different packaging which made shipping way to much

Esteemed Contributor

Yesterday I saw a Quacker Factory top, but I decided not to order when I realized it would be over $50 by the time I added shipping and tax. I can get good quality tops locally less than that, especially when there are sales.