Honored Contributor

QVC needs Essential Brand for Women

It would be nice to have an Essential brand where you can purchase tee shirts in your choice of style over and over again.  Pants and leggings and cotton dresses.  The tee shirts offered would be cap sleeve, short sleeve, elbow sleeve, ballet sleeve, 3/4 sleeve and long.  And, no neon colors.  If the Q can't do it perhaps Issac can.  Issac does have very nice tee shirts. And, prices would be exceptional.  Tees for $22 to $24, pants for $32 to $34, leggings for $20 to $25 and cotton dresses for $28 to $34 (ones you wear over leggings and some other simple dresses).   What do you think?  Good idea or bad?     Heart Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC needs Essential Brand for Women

I have started getting tee shirts from Duluth Trading.  Their prices are good (men's prices and sales are better), they have a nice selection of different sleeve lengths, and a nice selection of colors.  There are no embellishments, but they are nice plain tee shirts.  They are also of exceptional quality and wash very well.. 

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Honored Contributor

So why eliminate neon colors?  I can wear those.  I virtually never buy pastels and white, black and gray maybe once a decade..  Assuming that this line would therefore need to appeal best to buyers who favor those colors, I'm pretty much out. 

Honored Contributor

It sounds like a good idea to me. It would me nice to get the colors and styles you want individually anytime you want. I buy most of my basic tees in various colors, necklines, and sleeve lengths at Kohl's. I can get a good basic Croft and Barrow tee for $10. I know women who buy their basics from Land End. I think there is a market for it.

Super Contributor

This is a good idea. We can all do without the designer prices. Basics are basics.

Mint

Honored Contributor

It's not a bad I idea but I dont think there's a need for it.  Qvc is never going to sell inexpensive clothing.  I think D&Co fills the niche for basic clothes at affordable prices, they won't go lower than that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Katcat1

You've described exactly what LLBean and LandsEnd already carry.  At LLBean there are no extra shipping charges.  And both places have frequent sales - real sales.  So I don't see why anyone would need to turn to QVC for those items. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett