Super Contributor

Re: QVC>>enough with the masculine look for women...I want to look feminine and pretty.

@chrystaltree  - Really? You missed to original point ......

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC>>enough with the masculine look for women...I want to look feminine and pretty.

@Qqueen14 ..............Just a suggestion but why shop on the Q if their fashion is not your style?  Im betting there are many clothing sites that have what you are looking for.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

Flowery print dresses and tops are quite vogue this year.  I bought a very cute one from Laurie Felt, a black top with mini florals, mostly neutral tones.  I get compliments every time I wear it.  My 15-year-old granddaugther came for a visit wearing a very cute dress which was navy ground with mini prints and smocked at the top.  She looked darling in it. 

Just google them.  There are tons of mini print floral tops and dresses out there this year.

On YouTube, see Dressed for my Day with Kay Harms:  How to wear prints this fall and not look frumpy/Look fabulous in Fall Prints over 50.

Chico's, Talbot's, J.McLaughlin have beautiful prints for Fall. If you can't find what you want here, try that.  If their prices are above your budget, Amazon has some recommended by influencers who wear good clothes also.

@Nonametoday   @Qqueen14 

Prints are very tricky for a lot of women.  Not always flattering, whether they are "in style" or not. 

My mother was a successful fashion model before marrying my dad, and believe me, I heard all the critiques, do's and don'ts under the sun.

I think I was about 10 years old, and we had gone downtown to a movie and some window shopping.   A rather large woman passed us on the sidewalk wearing a dress with an enormous floral print.  Even at 10 years old, I knew it was a fashion "don't".

After the woman had passed us, she said to me .... "that woman isn't wearing that dress .... that dress is wearing HER".   It was a direct statement, but frankly, she did nail what was wrong with that outfit.

While I am all for accessorizing and fashion choices that suit our personal style, with many seasonal options, a little goes a long way.   

@Tinkrbl44 

I think most of us here are adults. Your post assumes I don't know how to dress myself, that I can only get by if I have a little dissertation on dressing.  I, as well as most here, know that not every dress, not every color, not every style fits every body type and shape.  We are not to judge that but let each person judge for herself what looks good, unless we are asked by a person if that looks good on her. We can have our opinions but to judge in this way, assuming everybody needs advice.  I only pointed the person to a couple places where print dresses and tops are being sold. There are hundreds, if not thousands, out there in the B&M stores and many on line.

Why all the negative comments here on this board addressed to this lady who only wants to dress in what is trending, none of which is little girl prissy, but very grown up fashion.  Many here, apparently, have not sought out fashion this year to notice that contemporary and modern prints are trending.  I know there are other ladies here, who if they don't buy them because they do not need new clothing, know that executive suiting has made a return because of the disastrous dressing of the Covid ear, and that many prints are in that arena as well.   Women are not monopolistic dressers, but are multi-faceted.  We can wear what we like of those options out there as long as they are company-appropriate.

Honored Contributor

@wifey2qt wrote:

@Tinkrbl44  - Feminine doesn't necessarily mean "cutsie" ! How about somewehre in the middle where you can go from the office to a date!! I mean some of us are still at that age.........we don't need to wear stretchy everything all the time! 

@wifey2qt   @Qqueen14 

No, it doesn't.  But since the OP didn't actually specify what she thought was "masculine", I'm not sure what she means to be "feminine".   

We all have different takes on fashion.   Classic and tailored isn't what I would call "masculine". 

Honored Contributor

@wifey2qt   @Qqueen14 

No, it doesn't.  But since the OP didn't actually specify what she thought was "masculine", I'm not sure what she means to be "feminine".   

We all have different takes on fashion.   Classic and tailored isn't what I would call "masculine". 

@Tinkrbl44  - I also don't know clothing the OP means that QVC sells for dressing like a man?  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@wifey2qt   @Qqueen14 

@Tinkrbl44  - I also don't know clothing the OP means that QVC sells for dressing like a man?  

@San Antonio Gal 

Could she be talking about the plethora of denim and such, the flannel shirts, all the jogging-pajama-exercise, etc., clothing.  I am not sure that looks masculine but it could by some standards, not mine, but I understand that my mother would not think it was feminine. Yes, sometimes there is more denim than feminine.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for explaining @Nonametoday .

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

Thank you for explaining @Nonametoday .

@San Antonio Gal 

LOL.  I am probably totally wrong but that's not very feminine but I love my denims!

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Nonametoday wrote:

Flowery print dresses and tops are quite vogue this year.  I bought a very cute one from Laurie Felt, a black top with mini florals, mostly neutral tones.  I get compliments every time I wear it.  My 15-year-old granddaugther came for a visit wearing a very cute dress which was navy ground with mini prints and smocked at the top.  She looked darling in it. 

Just google them.  There are tons of mini print floral tops and dresses out there this year.

On YouTube, see Dressed for my Day with Kay Harms:  How to wear prints this fall and not look frumpy/Look fabulous in Fall Prints over 50.

Chico's, Talbot's, J.McLaughlin have beautiful prints for Fall. If you can't find what you want here, try that.  If their prices are above your budget, Amazon has some recommended by influencers who wear good clothes also.

@Nonametoday   @Qqueen14 

Prints are very tricky for a lot of women.  Not always flattering, whether they are "in style" or not. 

My mother was a successful fashion model before marrying my dad, and believe me, I heard all the critiques, do's and don'ts under the sun.

I think I was about 10 years old, and we had gone downtown to a movie and some window shopping.   A rather large woman passed us on the sidewalk wearing a dress with an enormous floral print.  Even at 10 years old, I knew it was a fashion "don't".

After the woman had passed us, she said to me .... "that woman isn't wearing that dress .... that dress is wearing HER".   It was a direct statement, but frankly, she did nail what was wrong with that outfit.

While I am all for accessorizing and fashion choices that suit our personal style, with many seasonal options, a little goes a long way.   

@Tinkrbl44 

I think most of us here are adults. Your post assumes I don't know how to dress myself, that I can only get by if I have a little dissertation on dressing.  I, as well as most here, know that not every dress, not every color, not every style fits every body type and shape.  We are not to judge that but let each person judge for herself what looks good, unless we are asked by a person if that looks good on her. We can have our opinions but to judge in this way, assuming everybody needs advice.  I only pointed the person to a couple places where print dresses and tops are being sold. There are hundreds, if not thousands, out there in the B&M stores and many on line.

Why all the negative comments here on this board addressed to this lady who only wants to dress in what is trending, none of which is little girl prissy, but very grown up fashion.  Many here, apparently, have not sought out fashion this year to notice that contemporary and modern prints are trending.  I know there are other ladies here, who if they don't buy them because they do not need new clothing, know that executive suiting has made a return because of the disastrous dressing of the Covid ear, and that many prints are in that arena as well.   Women are not monopolistic dressers, but are multi-faceted.  We can wear what we like of those options out there as long as they are company-appropriate.

@Nonametoday   @Qqueen14 

First, I am sorry if my comments were a response to how "prints can be tricky".   

I am still baffled by the OP's title "Enough with the masculine dressing".   I still don't know what that means.  What is masculine and what is feminine is something we all determine for ourselves, but since she is calling out the "masculine look", I think some comments are fair.

I don't consider every piece of clothing to be either masculine or feminine.  A woman can wear a lovely fleece shirt, but I don't think it's either masuline or feminine.   A LOT of clothing can be determined to be "unisex"  but the manufacturers tweak these items for the gender in mind.  I have several v-neck tees and slacks that are truly "unisex".   Neither masculine nor feminine, but the cut and style further determine who will eventually buy it. 

Personally, I think the OP needs to search other retail sites to see what appeals to her.  To watch QVC 24/7 has got to get boring, and like others have said, this just not might be the retailer for her.  There are certainly plenty of others.  

Respected Contributor

Kelly Ripe quite often wears very expensive designer clothing and shoes. You'll never find anything remotely close at QVC. I'd start with Bloomingdales and Nordstroms..