Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC>>enough with the masculine look for women...I want to look feminine and pretty.

@Qqueen14 wrote:

Sarcasm is lost on some.. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Sarcasm doesn't change the reality that QVC is apparently not the retailer for you!

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC>>enough with the masculine look for women...I want to look feminine and pretty.

Women have changed.  They are now executives and managers, bosses and directors.  Very few are interested in wearing ruffles, flowery prints or lacy frills to Wal-Mart or any place else.  That's not the contemporary style.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Flowery print dresses and tops are quite vogue this year.  I bought a very cute one from Laurie Felt, a black top with mini florals, mostly neutral tones.  I get compliments every time I wear it.  My 15-year-old granddaugther came for a visit wearing a very cute dress which was navy ground with mini prints and smocked at the top.  She looked darling in it. 

Just google them.  There are tons of mini print floral tops and dresses out there this year.

On YouTube, see Dressed for my Day with Kay Harms:  How to wear prints this fall and not look frumpy/Look fabulous in Fall Prints over 50.

Chico's, Talbot's, J.McLaughlin have beautiful prints for Fall. If you can't find what you want here, try that.  If their prices are above your budget, Amazon has some recommended by influencers who wear good clothes also.

Respected Contributor

Dear Qqueen14,

I get what you are saying--I really do.  My personal public style also tends toward elegant, feminine, and lovely, and can go very deluxe glamour (sequin evening gowns) for formal occasions.  I never look "frilly," just overall pretty.

For work I was always very traditional formal--silk skirt suits with coordinating blouses and high heels.

Who did I purchase from at the Q?  Louis Dell'Olio, Bob Mackie, Isaac, and many others.  I will say I have amassed a COLLECTION from decades of shopping, and can choose from my closet.  

Unfortunately every year is different, and it is probably not possible to create your desired look from a single year or two of QVC shopping. 

This year has been heavy on tie-dye (ho-hum--I was around the first time and refuse to purchase), and since Covid quarantines arrived, comfy, casual, cozy clothes are dominating the airwaves as many continue to work from home.  I would not say the style is masculine--I would say the clothes are just a bit more gender-neutral. Yes, I do wear those comfy types of clothes at home as well, but never in public.

You can find what you want here and there on the Q--it just means a lot of time and a lot of searching.  For an example, a few months ago I bought D&C A392138, very pretty and a great buy.  Unfortunately, sizes are now limited.

It is up to you to create your style--best wishes and enjoy the shopping search!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Qqueen14 

I would not recommend buying prints with a white background unless they are a bit larger.  Those small prints on white fabric look like quilting scraps.  The prints that are in this year are moody colors, small prints or moody colors with larger prints. Stay away from the white background with mini print.  Also, make sure the prints are contemporary looking.  There are some beautiful prints out there.  This one is very cute.

• A520285

Honored Contributor

A dress from J. McLaughlin  Main

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

Flowery print dresses and tops are quite vogue this year.  I bought a very cute one from Laurie Felt, a black top with mini florals, mostly neutral tones.  I get compliments every time I wear it.  My 15-year-old granddaugther came for a visit wearing a very cute dress which was navy ground with mini prints and smocked at the top.  She looked darling in it. 

Just google them.  There are tons of mini print floral tops and dresses out there this year.

On YouTube, see Dressed for my Day with Kay Harms:  How to wear prints this fall and not look frumpy/Look fabulous in Fall Prints over 50.

Chico's, Talbot's, J.McLaughlin have beautiful prints for Fall. If you can't find what you want here, try that.  If their prices are above your budget, Amazon has some recommended by influencers who wear good clothes also.

@Nonametoday   @Qqueen14 

Prints are very tricky for a lot of women.  Not always flattering, whether they are "in style" or not. 

My mother was a successful fashion model before marrying my dad, and believe me, I heard all the critiques, do's and don'ts under the sun.

I think I was about 10 years old, and we had gone downtown to a movie and some window shopping.   A rather large woman passed us on the sidewalk wearing a dress with an enormous floral print.  Even at 10 years old, I knew it was a fashion "don't".

After the woman had passed us, she said to me .... "that woman isn't wearing that dress .... that dress is wearing HER".   It was a direct statement, but frankly, she did nail what was wrong with that outfit.

While I am all for accessorizing and fashion choices that suit our personal style, with many seasonal options, a little goes a long way.   

Super Contributor

@Kachina624 I must politely disagree! That may have been the mindset in the 80's but we have come much further! You can actually be feminine and in charge....the ceiling will never crack if we have to pretend to be one of the boys!  

Super Contributor

@Qqueen14  - I agree! QVC needs to mix it up more with blouses that go from day to night! And feminine doesn't mean large cabbage rose prints either LOL 

Super Contributor

@Tinkrbl44  - Feminine doesn't necessarily mean "cutsie" ! How about somewehre in the middle where you can go from the office to a date!! I mean some of us are still at that age.........we don't need to wear stretchy everything all the time!