Honored Contributor

Re: QVC>>enough with the masculine look for women...I want to look feminine and pretty.

Isn't that the point of style to make it your own?  Get a look from items that in total can be feminine, if that's what you want.  It doesn't have to be a floral, ruffled top or silk wrapped blouse.  

Fashion is picking a turtleneck or button poplin shirt, and a pair of jeans and wearing them as you see a model matter of fact wear them.

But style for me, is taking that turtleneck and pairing them with slim or skinny jeans and a pair of strappy sandals or heeled boots.  Using a floral scarf through the belt loops as a belt.  Wear a pair of linear earrings to counter the turtleneck. Add a bold bracelet, and go out with a bold print satchel handbag in the crux of my arm.  

No one I can think of would categorize that as a masculine look.

By contrast, I guess I could wear the same turtleneck and a pair of jeans and a pair of lug boots or sneakers.  Add stud earrings and be finished.  That's a nice look too, but decidedly less feminine, per your description of the concept.

I bought several beautiful tops and blouses from HSN, Chicos and Macy's this summer.  I also just purchased a Jason Wu petite floral duster dress from QVC.   

I never wait to be shown fashion that I want by waiting for it to be shown on TV.  Even QVC has tons of fashion that never make it on air.  This is a company that has to sell by minimal fit points and generic fashions to get as much of the large masses buying as possible

QVC will never be Nordstrom or Saks, or Bloomingdales.  QVC can scatter LookBook designs here & there.  But not to the scale of those stores that sell much less quantity of each, but offer a greater depth of designs.   

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC>>enough with the masculine look for women...I want to look feminine and pretty.

QVC offers a wide variety of styles and prices.  Just because what some want doesn't doinate air time means what they want either isn't available in the quantities they need to sell to survive or, more likely, the major part of those who order via phone already like what they are seeing.

For all the doom and gloom I read on these Forums, the few minutes a day I surf into QVC live on the air, I don't see or hear the end coming.   Lots of what they are offering seems to be selling.  Yes, lots isn't, but every brick and mortar store in the very busy mall near my home has racks and racks of inventory that has barely changed for a few months!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Qqueen14 wrote:

As a woman I don't ALWAYS want to dress like a man.  Don't get me wrong, I love casual, BUT I miss looking pretty/feminine and I don't mean dresses.  I mean pretty feminine tops outfits that I can wear to dinner or the grocery store.  Can we get a Kelly Ripa designer on QVC???  She always dresses so feminine.  LOVE her style!!

@Qqueen14 

While I would not presume to speak for anyone else here, can you please explain what you mean by "the masculine look" ?     

Honestly, I am not clear on what you are thinking is masculine or feminine, and since you started this discussion, it would be nice to get some clarification.

TIA

Esteemed Contributor

@NanaFrost wrote:

@Qqueen14 wrote:

Sarcasm is lost on some.. I'm entitled to my opinion.

Sarcasm doesn't change the reality that QVC is apparently not the retailer for you!

Why does a simple post with a simple opinion have to turn nasty? The OP is just doing what we should be doing on a discussion board agree with her or not. Now the response that’s another story…..

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've always preferred a more tailored style that some might call a bit sporty, preppy, or masculine. I prefer structure over flowy romantic designs. For example, I like tailored trousers, shirts, and blazers, but fitted for a woman's body.

I don't own very many pieces with feminine details like bows, ruffles, lace, etc. I do own a few abstract floral print pieces. I own quite a few wrap and sheath dresses in solid colors and prints and several pairs of heels. 

I do most of my shopping at other clothing retailers instead of the Q. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma wrote:

I've always preferred a more tailored style that some might call a bit sporty, preppy, or masculine. I prefer structure over flowy romantic designs. For example, I like tailored trousers, shirts, and blazers, but fitted for a woman's body.

I don't own very many pieces with feminine details like bows, ruffles, lace, etc. I do own a few abstract floral print pieces. I own quite a few wrap and sheath dresses in solid colors and prints and several pairs of heels. 

I do most of my shopping at other clothing retailers instead of the Q. 

@wilma 

I think your look is quite feminine, preppy and not masculine unless you are wearing things I don't see.  Yours is not overthetop dressy but quite feminine in that you wear heels, dresses and nice accessories.  No, I don't think you are masculine at all.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@wilma .  Agree with @Nonametoday .  I would never consider your style of dress as masculine.

Honored Contributor

Many times I've seen women wearing a dressy tuxedo look .... and it can be quite feminine.  Take a classic woman's tux, wear high heels and a silk blouse, add some good jewelry .... and I call that feminine, although some would say it's masculine.

I think it's all in how you style and accesorize whatever it is you are wearing.

Honored Contributor

@Qqueen14 

Yoo hoo ..... are you still here?