Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 cosmic1 said:

In my cynical mind, I'm convinced that they are still going to end up making money on this change. They just spun it so that we would not catch on to them. Some customers will benefit, but others will not and will make up the difference for QVC.

Just my opinion for whatever it is worth.

It was not hard to catch on to them. They stated clearly their new policy in the red banner at the top of each page on this website. You just have to read the whole thing and not stop at the reduced shipping part.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Look at it carefully. I'm not sure the sum total of all the changes represents an automatic plus for customers...

I also think not refunding original shipping will lead some of us to take fewer chances, which might result in fewer returns but will likewise result in fewer sales.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 Reba055 said: I do know that I have bought a ton more on HSN over the last several months compared to QVC. When they started giving spendable Kash for shipping costs on returns, I started ordering much more. They've also had some great deals.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} ITA

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 stevieb said:

Look at it carefully. I'm not sure the sum total of all the changes represents an automatic plus for customers...

I also think not refunding original shipping will lead some of us to take fewer chances, which might result in fewer returns but will likewise result in fewer sales.

That is certainly the end result as far as I am concerned. As a few others have said I also am not going to pay $10 in S&H for the privilege of trying on a garment. QVC's quality control department would have to do their job and make sure the items for sale match the click here measurements, every time, for me to feel like continuing to purchase. For probably 2 years, with few exceptions, the only line I have ordered from is Linea, and, as much as I love his clothing, I don't expect to be doing much ordering from here on out, as S&H stands now. If I order 1 item, it's a big change from the 5-7 I normally order when Louis has a show.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor
On 2/2/2015 Puppy Lips said:
On 2/2/2015 fthunt said:

This is the OP..............I reread the email and note one change that may not be popular with the majority. Returns: The original S/H will be refunded ONLY if the item is defective and/or they screwed up. Other returns: didn't like, didn't fit, changed my mind = no refund of the original S/H.

I read from this there are too many returns - cost of restocking - cost of throwing away used product (wore the shoes for a month), etc.

$3.00 charge is effective immediately and the S/H issue in a week or so.

Well I wonder what the charge will be now to send stuff back, still $6.95? or 3.00? If it is $6.95, then we would be out even more money on returns.

It's either pay more money to return an item. Or inconvenience yourself by going to a crowded PO.
Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 stevieb said:

DITTO

Honored Contributor

I don't know why people are complaining about QVC shipping rates. I ordered something on Sack 5th Ave online. The shipping charge was $15.00. I used a free shipping coupon, but still.....

Trusted Contributor
On 2/2/2015 songbird said:

I don't know why people are complaining about QVC shipping rates. I ordered something on Sack 5th Ave online. The shipping charge was $15.00. I used a free shipping coupon, but still.....

Therein is the answer. They had a coupon for free shipping. I've ordered from Saks Off Fifth several times and they always offer a free shipping coupon. So...in fact, there shipping is free. They just seem to enjoy making you look for the coupon and enter it at checkout, which I gladly do. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

typo

Member Since 11/20/2008
Super Contributor
On 2/2/2015 finewoman said:

Politics had nothing to do with the price of gas going down. The barrel of oil is cheaper today causing gas to go down. I lived in the BAKKEN area and we never had cheaper gas as the rest of the country.

Politics HAS EVERYTHING to do with it...

:

Today, Saudi Arabia is once again using its “oil weapon,” but instead of driving up prices and cutting supply, it’s doing the reverse. In the face of a global slide in oil prices since June, the kingdom has refused to cut its production, which would help to drive prices back up. Instead, the Saudis led the charge to prevent OPEC from cutting production at the cartel’s last meeting on Nov 27.

The consequences of Saudi policy are impossible to ignore. After two years of stable prices at around $105 to $110 a barrel, Brent blend, the international benchmark, fell from $112 a barrel in June to around $65 on Friday. “What is the reason for the United States and some U.S. allies wanting to drive down the price of oil?” Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro asked rhetorically in October. His answer? “To harm Russia.”

That is partially true, but Saudi Arabia’s gambit is more complex.

The kingdom has two targets in its latest oil war: it is trying to squeeze U.S. shale oil—which requires higher prices to remain competitive with conventional production—out of the market. More broadly, the Saudis are also punishing two rivals, Russia and Iran, for their support of Bashar al-Assad’s regime in the Syrian civil war. Since the Syrian uprising began in 2011, regional and world powers have played out a series of proxy battles there.

While Saudi Arabia and Qatar have been arming many of the Syrian rebels, the Iranian regime—and to a lesser extent, Russia—have provided the weapons and funding to keep Assad in power.

:

With the King now dead and his brother on the throne the price of oil

will be $5.00 a gallon soon...

Trusted Contributor
On 2/2/2015 Kzeks said:
On 2/2/2015 finewoman said:

Politics had nothing to do with the price of gas going down. The barrel of oil is cheaper today causing gas to go down. I lived in the BAKKEN area and we never had cheaper gas as the rest of the country.

Politics HAS EVERYTHING to do with it...

:

Today, Saudi Arabia is once again using its “oil weapon,” but instead of driving up prices and cutting supply, it’s doing the reverse. In the face of a global slide in oil prices since June, the kingdom has refused to cut its production, which would help to drive prices back up. Instead, the Saudis led the charge to prevent OPEC from cutting production at the cartel’s last meeting on Nov 27.

The consequences of Saudi policy are impossible to ignore. After two years of stable prices at around $105 to $110 a barrel, Brent blend, the international benchmark, fell from $112 a barrel in June to around $65 on Friday. “What is the reason for the United States and some U.S. allies wanting to drive down the price of oil?” Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro asked rhetorically in October. His answer? “To harm Russia.”

That is partially true, but Saudi Arabia’s gambit is more complex.

The kingdom has two targets in its latest oil war: it is trying to squeeze U.S. shale oil—which requires higher prices to remain competitive with conventional production—out of the market. More broadly, the Saudis are also punishing two rivals, Russia and Iran, for their support of Bashar al-Assad’s regime in the Syrian civil war. Since the Syrian uprising began in 2011, regional and world powers have played out a series of proxy battles there.

While Saudi Arabia and Qatar have been arming many of the Syrian rebels, the Iranian regime—and to a lesser extent, Russia—have provided the weapons and funding to keep Assad in power.

:

With the King now dead and his brother on the throne the price of oil

will be $5.00 a gallon soon...

>>> it is trying to squeeze U.S. shale oil—which requires higher prices to remain competitive with conventional production—out of the market.<<<</strong>

I believe this is the real reason why they're glutting the market. They want to drive the U.S. shale producers out of business. They don't like the competition. It remains to be seen if oil prices will go as high as you say,but anything is possible. Anyhow, it definitely is very political.

Member Since 11/20/2008