Respected Contributor
On 2/2/2015 namealreadytaken said:

We are living in a different economy, the whole country; the middle class has almost been destroyed and the current buyer cannot afford the heavy shipping and higher prices. Everything is going up, i.e., groceries (gas was going up until politics forced it down). QVC will have to do, as others have done, acquiesce or die on the vine like all the stores you see in forced closings due to the shrinking middle class. We are sliding into a third-world economy.

Very insightful assessment. I agree with it.

Many people living in this country (and who post on this board) seem JUST FINE with what is going on, and many others don't even know.

I, personally, am scared.

I like the lower shipping, seldom buy more than one at a time, so that wouldn't effect me much, and hate to return things. Hope it helps more people.

Hyacinth

Respected Contributor
On 2/2/2015 namealreadytaken said:
On 2/2/2015 finewoman said:

Politics had nothing to do with the price of gas going down. The barrel of oil is cheaper today causing gas to go down. I lived in the BAKKEN area and we never had cheaper gas as the rest of the country.

I know you never had cheaper gas and you should have. It's all about politics, Honey. My family started out in the oil business in the 1940s and some or all of us have been in politics and oil since.

I think politics (sometimes WORLD politics) directly or indirectly affect this.

Sorry you're not seeing lower prices.

I read today that plan to see them go up again. We can't catch a break.

Hyacinth

Regular Contributor

I'm thrilled with the shipping change. I've cancelled many an order due to the high shipping rates. Great news!

Esteemed Contributor

This will stop my shoes, clothes purchases from the Q. Sizes on both are erratic and different on all brands. Talk about shell games!

Regular Contributor

I do the majority of my shopping online due to necessity and find that my Q shopping is much less than in the past. Free shipping is being offered by so many sites so often and that's where my money tends to go. I refuse to be penalized close to $10 to try on a pair of slacks.

Trusted Contributor

I will be interested to see how this new policy effects sales. I have been ordering less in the past year due to poor quality and high pricing, and it will be even less now. Just don't want to take the chance of being out $10 just to try something on.,,,

Trusted Contributor

SHOP HQ doesn't refund original shipping charges, however the hosts do a great job of explaining the clothing items they present. They go in to fabric and fit detail and how the garment is structured, so I order confidently and have only returned one item. QVC hosts give very little information that we need, they would rather chat about facebook or their favorite cereal.

Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 Chi-town girl said: What a joke! At first, the new policy appeared to be a "win" for customers with the reduced shipping rate for smaller/lower weight items. BUT: 1) Merchandise pricing was just raised across the board averaging $5/item, 2) There is no incentive to buy addtl items per order, 3) Given all the sizing issues with clothing & shoes, the no return of original shipping is a big issue placed solely on the customer, 4) One of the big benefits to shopping at Q is to try it at no cost, minus return shipping. I did try new makeup & clothing lines based on the old policy. Now there is an automatic increase of cost to the customer of at least $3-12 for each item unless you know for sure you will not return. Net result for me=less shopping at Q. This is NOT a customer oriented policy, nor an incentive to shop more. Horrible change given competitive options. But, if you are a Q shareholder or stakeholder, it should benefit you with improved profits/margins for Q. I see most of the customers that like the new policy are ones that brag about not shopping much at Q, lol. Another bad, bad, bad Q policy---sales killer!!!

Exactly. It took a lot of effort for the Q to come up with a policy that looks like an advantage to the customer while not actually being one!

QVC's Shipping Costs are VERY LOW because they get an incredible break in bulk shipping costs. So low in fact, that they (and other shipping companies) actually count the overflow of money from shipping as profit! Which of course should not be. But it is and in doing so, they can't afford to ~really~ take a hit to the shipping. That would ultimately show up in a downward trend in profit. So, to the great change in QVC's shipping costs.... color me as impressed as I was before (not), and a whole lot more reluctant purchasing anything.

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 fthunt said:

This is the OP..............I reread the email and note one change that may not be popular with the majority. Returns: The original S/H will be refunded ONLY if the item is defective and/or they screwed up. Other returns: didn't like, didn't fit, changed my mind = no refund of the original S/H.

I read from this there are too many returns - cost of restocking - cost of throwing away used product (wore the shoes for a month), etc.

$3.00 charge is effective immediately and the S/H issue in a week or so.

They really HAVE TO do something about the returns issues. People are essentially stealing products by getting them and using them for a month then returning for full refunds. They are fools if they don't crack down on this.

Trusted Contributor

Yes, Pinch yourselves because they are pulling the wool over your eyes. I just looked at some of my orders over the past few months and though they lowered the shipping cost, the price of the item went up and your basically paying the same price. For example: A top I purchased in December was $44.00 with S&H of $6.72. Now the same item is $48.28 with S&H of $3.00. Its actually a little more expensive now. They did this on several things and I expect that we will begin to see this across the board. I knew they were going to do this!!!! There were so many complaints about the ridiculous S&H prices that they had to react but I knew they were going to hide the cost by increasing prices. There is no way they were going to take away from their profits. Yes, there are areas I found where the price was the same (for now) and the shipping was reduced but that was on a few cosmetic items. You can bet they are going to do this across the board so don't be so quick to praise them - they fooled you big time!!!!!