Trusted Contributor
On 2/2/2015 cosmic1 said:

In my cynical mind, I'm convinced that they are still going to end up making money on this change. They just spun it so that we would not catch on to them. Some customers will benefit, but others will not and will make up the difference for QVC.

Just my opinion for whatever it is worth.

You are correct. QVC isn't going to make changes that lose them money.

I, like everyone, was happy at first to see the reduced shipping. In checking around, I did find some jewelry items that did not have the $3 shipping. Apparently, there is some "small print". Also, my shipping method of choice is UPS, and that price remains high.

My return rate is zero, but I don't like the idea of subtracting the S&H from the return. Also, their pre-paid labels are the usual high price, so when you return you are out the original S&H and the return S&H, both to be subtracted from your refund.

I also do not like losing 1/2 S&H on the 2nd and subsequent items. I have used this often for gifts.

I am sure returns really take a bite out of the Q's profit. These changes are designed to put money back in their pockets, not help the customer in the long run. Even reducing the shipping, while it seems they are finally listening to their customers, it is really only meant to entice those of us who have been dissuaded in the past by the higher S&H. Lower shipping will bring some customers back who have not been shopping.

I'll take the reduced shipping, and I thank them for that, but in the long run I don't see it saving me much money.

Gloria

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/3/2015 shoekitty said:

Rise in pricing happens every year about this time. It is the retail's world way of making us pay them back for any bargains we got the last few months! The new shipping is good, as it is less, but i think they could have thought it out more. It WILL cut back on impulse buying to just "try it" out. I imagine this is half their problem, but IMO it goes with virtual shopping. QVC sure can't advertise unconditional guarantee. I think QVc needs to implement a rewards program myself. Many scenarios can played out. What about a rewards plan that offers free shipping after minimum purchase per year, or earns points to be used on merchandise.?

One thing they need to work on before anything else is more stringent universal sizing across the board!! More clothing is sold on QVC than anything else, next to jewelry. I imagine most of the returns concern clothing sizing. It is without a doubt one of their weakest attributes. Not one clothing line compares in size to another, OR even within in same clothing line. They are all over the place. They used to have universal sizing when they began. QVC OWNS most of the clothing lines in some way, they can do this.

When it comes to skin care how will they handle this? It cannot be returned if color is wrong, or you have a reaction? There is always Sephora, Nordies, Neimans and Ulta, they take it back. I quit buying skincare on QVC because I can get the brands they sell here elsewhere for less.

shoekitty, for myself, I feel you are absolutely correct in this. I have ordered 2 of the same item, same size, different colors and they will fit completely different. Well, I'm not going to keep something that doesn't fit so I return it. Does that mean it is defective or just poor manufacturing problem?

Yes, Q used to have a more universal sizing but jayne brown stuck her nose in and wanted the sizing charts to go away. Plus the presenters are often so busy laughing and fooling around or talking on social media that they don't bother to tell us the correct information.

I think that my best bet is to stop buying clothing from QVC. I may make an exception for Linea since that can't be found elsewhere, but as far as I'm concerned I'm simply going to shop for clothes elsewhere.

Super Contributor

Why are they getting rid of buy more ship less then if this is such

a good idea?

Esteemed Contributor

Because they don't make money on buy more, reduced shipping.

Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 Divine said:
On 2/2/2015 songbird said:

I don't know why people are complaining about QVC shipping rates. I ordered something on Sack 5th Ave online. The shipping charge was $15.00. I used a free shipping coupon, but still.....

Therein is the answer. They had a coupon for free shipping. I've ordered from Saks Off Fifth several times and they always offer a free shipping coupon. So...in fact, there shipping is free. They just seem to enjoy making you look for the coupon and enter it at checkout, which I gladly do. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

typo

It wasn't the Saks Off Fifth (like Nordstorm's The Rack) It was the regular Saks. I think because it's the regular department store, they simply jacked up shipping . I buy mostly from Nordstrom online and shipping is always free. But I've never seen a free ship coupon for that. But I had to go to Saks because what I wanted was sold out in Nordstrom. I had to google search for that coupon. It wasn't like they had a handy place for it.....

Esteemed Contributor
On 2/4/2015 songbird said:
On 2/2/2015 Divine said:
On 2/2/2015 songbird said:

I don't know why people are complaining about QVC shipping rates. I ordered something on Sack 5th Ave online. The shipping charge was $15.00. I used a free shipping coupon, but still.....

Therein is the answer. They had a coupon for free shipping. I've ordered from Saks Off Fifth several times and they always offer a free shipping coupon. So...in fact, there shipping is free. They just seem to enjoy making you look for the coupon and enter it at checkout, which I gladly do. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

typo

It wasn't the Saks Off Fifth (like Nordstorm's The Rack) It was the regular Saks. I think because it's the regular department store, they simply jacked up shipping . I buy mostly from Nordstrom online and shipping is always free. But I've never seen a free ship coupon for that. But I had to go to Saks because what I wanted was sold out in Nordstrom. .I had to google search for that coupon. It wasn't like they had a handy place for it....

I don't understand your need to do a google search. The code is right on the Saks home page, upper left corner. It clearly says free shipping, every day, every order. Oh, and the code is not difficult to remember: FREESHIP.

Frequent Contributor

Don't be fooled, just noticed prices went up today on items I was looking at this week.