Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 Daysdee said:

JC Penny stopped reimbursing for original shipping cost several years ago. However, on orders over a certain amount ($100. most of the time) you get free shipping. I return items at a local store so I'm really not out anything except an outing to the Mall. Recently they had 25% off entire order with their coupon.

I have things shipped to the store for free at jcp
Regular Contributor
On 2/2/2015 imaclotheshog said:

Hmm I don't know how I feel about this. The reduction in shipping is great, but, if I order more than one of the same item, I don't like that I will not get 1/2 off that second item.

I also don't like that if you return something you don't get your original shipping back. That is one of the reasons, that I have always felt comfortable shopping with QVC is that I know they will refund my shipping if something doesn't work out for me. This is also one reason why I don't shop often with some retailers online is because I don't get my shipping refunded.

So I guess this will severely limit my shopping with QVC now, and my clothing purchases will be drastically reduced because who wants to eat shipping charges both ways, if something doesn't fit you. Not a good thing and I will really be afraid to order anything in clothing now unless I am really sure it will fit. Sizing is so off on so many items and I think this new policy will make some women refuse to order clothing now because of sizing inconsistencies.

It will also make some women stop ordering 2 sizes to see which one fits which I guess is actually a good thing, because if they do that they will have to pay return shipping on the one that doesn't fit and then shipping back to return it.

I think this will make returns go down, but overall I think they will sell less merchandise. JMO.

Since the info on the sizing is NOT accurate or reliable, most of us have had to order 2 sizes, hoping one would work....this has gotten tiresome for me and I only buy clothing at brick and mortar stores now....QVC was making a bundle on the clothing game; not off me any longer!!!

Super Contributor
On 2/2/2015 fthunt said:

This is the OP..............I reread the email and note one change that may not be popular with the majority. Returns: The original S/H will be refunded ONLY if the item is defective and/or they screwed up. Other returns: didn't like, didn't fit, changed my mind = no refund of the original S/H.

I read from this there are too many returns - cost of restocking - cost of throwing away used product (wore the shoes for a month), etc.

$3.00 charge is effective immediately and the S/H issue in a week or so.

Wow...I read the email QVC posted...but somehow it didn't hit me that the 'ORIGINAL SHIPPING' WILL NOT BE REFUNDED UNLESS IT IS DEFECTIVE OR THEY MESSED UP.

That is a real downer for me. That is why I shop the Q and Hsn. I may have to pay the return shipping if I don't like it, but to also lose the original shipping makes the cost go even higher. I had it in my mind they wouldn't pay the return shipping for any other reason than it was their fault...but not to return the original shipping cost....well, I will have to look for other options.

Respected Contributor

I think....I may get verbally flamed for this, but here goes.

I am glad for the reduced shipping. Sometimes there were tops that were $10, sometimes even $12 to ship. So, I think this is a good thing, in my opinion.

Please no comments along the lines of, "wake up! You're just the kind of customer QVC wants! They're pulling the wool over your eyes!!!" I simply gave my opinion. Don't like it? (shrugs) Put me on ignore.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

When is this high finance deal taking place? I buy very seldom from Q but the other day, I took a chance that a Child's jacket size 10 would fit me. There wasn't a child's measurement guide. I wear a 0 and am 4' 11" The jacket is kind of loose. I really don't want to pay exhorbitant price on a whim {#emotions_dlg.scared}

Honored Contributor

Under these new rates, I'll only be purchasing items that I'm already familiar with, that I know I'll be keeping. I won't want to have to return items without refundable shipping. I got my QVC bill out yesterday for the last month and had these new rates been in effect, I would have spent exactly 10% of what I did. I don't return often, but I just can't justify the shipping costs both ways just to try an item that doesn't work or fit for me. I've been trying to cut down on my buying, so I guess QVC is just helping me out.

Respected Contributor
The new policy will significantly reduce my shopping here because the high cost of returns makes me unwilling to take a chance on items. I wish they had dealt with the return rate issue by dealing with the reason for high returns (inconsistent sizing, quality of products, etc.) , rather than dealing with it by high charges for returns.
Trusted Contributor
On 2/2/2015 namealreadytaken said:

We are living in a different economy, the whole country; the middle class has almost been destroyed and the current buyer cannot afford the heavy shipping and higher prices. Everything is going up, i.e., groceries (gas was going up until politics forced it down). QVC will have to do, as others have done, acquiesce or die on the vine like all the stores you see in forced closings due to the shrinking middle class. We are sliding into a third-world economy.

The price of gas was declining due the US producing their own oil. The other oil producing Nations started to reduce the price of their oil to keep our business.

Super Contributor
On 2/3/2015 geezerette said:

Under these new rates, I'll only be purchasing items that I'm already familiar with, that I know I'll be keeping. I won't want to have to return items without refundable shipping. I got my QVC bill out yesterday for the last month and had these new rates been in effect, I would have spent exactly 10% of what I did. I don't return often, but I just can't justify the shipping costs both ways just to try an item that doesn't work or fit for me. I've been trying to cut down on my buying, so I guess QVC is just helping me out.

I agree. I will still order the things that I always do such as my Proactiv cleanser and toner and lotion, cream, etc. however I will be very reluctant to try anything new. I will be also very very cautious about ordering clothing and I won't order from a new line. They don't even give complete sizing information now. So this really limits my clothing purchases from QVC but maybe that is a good thing! I often find things that are a better value for me from other retailers like Nordstrom or Loft or the other stores I buy from.

I don't make that many returns either, certainly not in comparison to what I read some ladies making, ordering two sizes to see which fits and returning one. Pants are a tough fit for me because of my height and rise needs, so I doubt I will be trying pants from QVC at all now. I don't want to be out a return fee either just because something didn't fit me.

Respected Contributor
My feeling is that you will start seeing items go up in price to compensate for the cheaper shipping. Of course, prices have been going up anyway. I lived in England for a few years and couldn't wait to come home to cheaper prices. Unfortunately, we are more like Europe now. Isn't that what O wanted?