Honored Contributor

I have heard of customer deliberately ruining a product so they can claim it as defective.

Trusted Contributor
On 2/2/2015 shoekitty said:

I have heard of customer deliberately ruining a product so they can claim it as defective.

It never ever crossed my mind that someone would actually do such a thing. Some people are unbelievable. It really does take all kinds.

Member Since 11/20/2008
Valued Contributor
On 2/2/2015 millieshops said:

I know I'm in the minority, but I'm not surprised at all at the time it took QVC to decide how they wanted to change their shipping policies.

I remember reading that when LLBean wanted to move to free shipping, it took them three years to set the policy into motion. Sadly for me, I have always felt one of the things they did so shipping could be free was to reduce quality of some of my favorite items. They lost me totally as a customer!

Obviously, I'm only one person and LLB is still alive. Are they thriving? Who knows - they're a private company and don't have to report results. Still, I can only hope QVC doesn't erode the quality of the products I like. I don't buy much, but I like what I buy.

So much of LL Bean's and Land's End items are now imported instead of being made in the US. I have seen a decline in the quality of Land's End and Eddie Bauer items over the last few years. I had a pair of Bean's camp mocs that I love and wore all the time during the winter until one of my darling dogs chewed the tongues off. They were US made, the replacements are imported. Still nice, but would have preferred they were made here.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call
Super Contributor

Must always be careful what you wish for. Y'all screamed for reduced or free shipping, well you got you wish, so stop whining....

However, you might want to check out the increase in the merchandise.......for all of you who still believe reduced or free shipping is free....

Honored Contributor
I think Q has raised prices on so many things so fast they have priced themselves out of many peoples budgets.....and when you add $10 to their prices for shipping/tax it is no surprise they would be feeling the pinch....
Honored Contributor

JC Penny stopped reimbursing for original shipping cost several years ago. However, on orders over a certain amount ($100. most of the time) you get free shipping. I return items at a local store so I'm really not out anything except an outing to the Mall. Recently they had 25% off entire order with their coupon.

Honored Contributor

I did notice Perricone items. The no mascara mascara (which I LOVE) is $30, has free shipping. This is same price as Perricone website, so if you have a small purchase this is a good deal. But The other items I needed were the same $ on QVC as Perricone, but QVC had shipping costs. I bought them at Perricone as it is free shipping there because it is over 50 dollars.

Honored Contributor

The return rate has been very high. This will discourage some returns. I would much rather pay $3.00 than the rates they have, now. You can always return with your own postage and pay whatever that is.

Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 PKB said:

Must always be careful what you wish for. Y'all screamed for reduced or free shipping, well you got you wish, so stop whining....

However, you might want to check out the increase in the merchandise.......for all of you who still believe reduced or free shipping is free....

I don't think anyone has ever thought it was really free...did you?
Honored Contributor

They need to go back to uniform and standard sizing for all clothing at QVC, like in the old days. I don't order a lot from QVC, but even I think my returns are high for what I buy.

I ordered a queen size mattress topper and received a FULL size

I ordered 2 large logo tops, same style, same size. One was a size larger than the other. and one had a little hole on the pocket seam.

I order a gray top and I got blue. This was since Dec 1st!