Honored Contributor

Re: QVC fashion show this am

[ Edited ]

I turned in to the show toward the middle.  She seemed calmed down.  I like it.  Liked the selections, although the usual XXS & XS grey sold out quickly.  She has a show later on.  I'll try and catch it.  Of all the fashions on QVC, I like her and Linea's clothing line the best.  Whatever you say about liquid knit, it never looses it's shape, color, never shrinks, never pills.  Great for traveling. 

Valued Contributor

I muted the show for about 20 minutes. I could not take it at all this morning.It appears as this is almost a subconscious thing she is unaware of, as she runs over people with her chatter. So I decided to flip to the other shopping channel which was presenting NFL products today and bought some Christmas gifts.

Valued Contributor

NOMLESS  ~ They aren't shouting as though they're fighting. But they are shouting as though they are trying to get their point across over SG's loud, manic like way. SG starts off at the speed of light and never stops. This gets posted by someone at least once a month; you'ld think the powers that be at QVC would sit down and talk with her about it. I swear, if I have to hear one more time about how she got her start in the pants industry and is an expert in the same, I'll start screaming at the speed of light too!

Esteemed Contributor

Courtney is not the best host pairing with Susan. Susan is a mega seller and had lots of Top Rated, New Items on her show and was hard selling up a storm. I was interested in her new items and she had a great showing.

Courtney would have been fine if she had done as Sandra does, and let the designer, vendor, saleswoman do her job.

Esteemed Contributor

I think Courtney is adorable and I love her sense of style. I didn't buy any SG items this morning because I was completely mesmerized by the booties Courtney had on. I couldn't find them, so I sent our resident fashion diva @lolakimono on the hunt and she found them on Amazon. I put them in Wish List and then went back and purchased since they only had 2 pairs left in 7.5. Not for everyone, for sure, but they are PERFECT for me.

image.jpg

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I think Courtney is adorable and I love her sense of style. I didn't buy any SG items this morning because I was completely mesmerized by the booties Courtney had on. I couldn't find them, so I sent our resident fashion diva @lolakimono on the hunt and she found them on Amazon. I put them in Wish List and then went back and purchased since they only had 2 pairs left in 7.5. Not for everyone, for sure, but they are PERFECT for me.

image.jpg

@MaggieMack

Glad to hear you found something that you LOVE.

P.S. and by the way... I might know something about that COAT.  Cat WinkCat Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono, THAT coat??? That velvet coat of many colors??? Oh, PLEASE, DO share!! Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

@lolakimono, THAT coat??? That velvet coat of many colors??? Oh, PLEASE, DO share!! Woman Surprised

@MaggieMack

Yes- the one only you and I like, LOL.Cat LOL

BF thinks it's a bit much, but I LOVE it. Cat Very Happy I was concerned about "velvet" being too squishy, where a bag handle or seat belt might leave indentations in the fabric, but the velvet is more like an upholstery grade, like a jacquard or a tapestry.Cat Surprised

I will have to get the sleeves shortened (what else is new), but otherwise, it's a perfect fit.  I tried a dry cleaner for alterations on two leather jackets (shortening of sleeves) and those will be ready tomorrow.  If I like her work, I'll probably take this one to her too.  

The sizes were limited to the point of having only one left in certain sizes, so I deliberated about which to get and I made the right choice.  It is quite heavy, so I'm sure that it will be warm even with something light underneath.  It  is very well made too.  Now I just need to find some SOLID gloves to go with it.  Deciding on a color for those will be tough.

It's definitely a once in a lifetime purchase, and I didn't want it to be "the one that got away."  Cat Sad

Respected Contributor

So I'm confused, one of the posts on this topic was interrupted by the Q monitor that says she removed it....

so, for example, does it work this way?    someone says something they shouldn't or deemed by the q as inappropriate, they remove that post and then it becomes the property of the monitor and says it was removed and then anyone can continue posting?

help!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@MaggieMack wrote:

@MaggieMack

Yes- the one only you and I like, LOL.Cat LOL

BF thinks it's a bit much, but I LOVE it. Cat Very Happy I was concerned about "velvet" being too squishy, where a bag handle or seat belt might leave indentations in the fabric, but the velvet is more like an upholstery grade, like a jacquard or a tapestry.Cat Surprised

I will have to get the sleeves shortened (what else is new), but otherwise, it's a perfect fit.  I tried a dry cleaner for alterations on two leather jackets (shortening of sleeves) and those will be ready tomorrow.  If I like her work, I'll probably take this one to her too.  

The sizes were limited to the point of having only one left in certain sizes, so I deliberated about which to get and I made the right choice.  It is quite heavy, so I'm sure that it will be warm even with something light underneath.  It  is very well made too.  Now I just need to find some SOLID gloves to go with it.  Deciding on a color for those will be tough.

It's definitely a once in a lifetime purchase, and I didn't want it to be "the one that got away."  Cat Sad

Oh, @lolakimono, that is SO awesome! It makes ME happy that you bought something for yourself that makes YOU so happy. You completely deserve it (tell BF I said that). Love that coat!!! The first thing that popped into my mind when you mentioned gloves was (of course) PINK! Bright pink! Please, please, please post a pic of yourself in the coat on your Resolutions thread when you get it back from alterations. You will have it, wear it, and treasure it for a lifetime. Life is short, enjoy your luxury purchase and have NO regrets! Woman Wink