Honored Contributor

Re: QVC fashion is missing in the lineup lately ... why oh why

Actually, I think it's the "c" in cost that causes the problem. QVC will only follow a set (unchangeabe) chart of costs and designers can't or won't work with that price for that quality. We're lucky to have the few quality designers left that we do have. No telling how long that will last.

Respected Contributor

On 9/23/2014 wackers said:

Not sure when others are tuning in but when I have done quick TV remote checks recently, fashion has been airing at least 50% or more of the time. Wasn't yesterday pretty fashion loaded? They also have some all day Fashion Events coming up - I saw it in my Insider but their Program Guide will also reflect it.

I totally disagree about HSN as I find so many of their fashion items to be comparable to what is being sold in better department stores. Hal Rubenstein (Creative Director of Instyle Magazine) had a really gorgeous leather jacket as the TSV on HSN yesterday. He brings some lovely fashions, as do many of their other designers. HSN actually allows these designers to create their own designs and not be forced tostay within "limited" parameters.

QVC does market to a distinctive demographic with their QVC labels but at least they have Lori G on regularly now and a few others.

I find HSN to be like every other retailer including QVC, in that there are items and lines I love and other lines that I would never consider buying. I would never expect any line or retailer to only offer styles and programming that suits me. Differences is what make the world a wonderful and entertaining place.

Super Contributor

ITA with the OP...QVC fashion is sorely lacking these days

and I don't bother to watch. I mean even when they

have household stuff they figure out a way to bring

Vionic on..and D&B on Sunday's. I don't need or want

that stuff...I wonder just how $308 handbags Jill

can sell in an hour or two?

I would rather watch the jewelry trays on jtv

then QVC these days.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

I picked up a N Natori jersey knit dress by Josie Natori on HSN---and yes it has already arrived---and it is stunning and the quality is quite exceptional!

I also got the recent Clark's TSV Wedge Bootie on the Q and I really like them. My Size 8 Medium Clark boots always feel so comfortable, especially in the tow area, that I can wear them all day without even realizing they are on. Sometimes I look down at 11:00 PM and I still have them on since the morning. I've collected 7 pairs since last year's Suede Bootie TSV---some have heels, some have wedges. I think that's enough, now. When you find a shoe or a boot "last" that is perfect for your feet, it makes sense to go back for more before they discontinue the style.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

I must have been in parallel time on Monday (Marvelush TSV day).

Super Contributor

I am just over QVC's programing lately.... especially the weekends... God Awful.

Honored Contributor

On 9/24/2014 gazelle77 said:

I am just over QVC's programing lately.... especially the weekends... God Awful.

Weekends are the worst. Nothing much of interest lately. I do watch the kitchen shows, but don't buy any more. Have enough and don't want to pay the high shipping. Tired of rugs, computers, door mats, Christmas décor, etc.

Respected Contributor

Probably not scheduling Fashion time because so many think that Fashion was not necessary at Courtney's wedding.

There were many comments that the fashion critics should not have had an opinion because it was about the wedding and not the fashions.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Super Contributor

On 9/24/2014 golfcartrider said:

Probably not scheduling Fashion time because so many think that Fashion was not necessary at Courtney's wedding.

There were many comments that the fashion critics should not have had an opinion because it was about the wedding and not the fashions.

Were these comments approved by the thought police???