Trusted Contributor

@maximillian wrote:

@Diamond Gal 

Do not despair.  Soon all you will see on air will be pajamas.  Ugly pajamas, cute pajamas, pajamas with holes in them, bathrobes, slippers, blankets tossed over the shoulders, hosts slouching around on sofas drinking wine... That season will be here before you know it and you can stock up on pajamas, lounge wear, slippers, slankets, whatever they choose to call the items... That will go on for weeks, if not months.  You will wish for the good ole days with "the same things over and over."

Yeah....and everything will be Polyester!  Ugh!

Honored Contributor

@Diamond Gal   There are certainly a lot of clearance items. Maybe they're clearing the racks before bringing out the new things. 

From what I've seen at the mall stores, there's not much "new under the sun" there either. Yes, a rut.

Respected Contributor

Re: QVC fashion in a rut!

[ Edited ]

@spumoni99 wrote:

I rarely buy clothes from qvc unless they are discounted, I did see a cute flanner shirt a few nights ago with side pockets but it was 69 dollars...I looked at macys and they were pricey there also,, I found exactly the same think at costsco for 15 dollars!  I don't wear flannel much but for some reason this one spoke to me, probably because of the side pockets.

@spumoni99   Good eye!  I bought the same soft flannel shirt with side pockets at Costco.  How can you not love the $15 price tag too!   I like to layer a contrasting color t-shirt  under the flannel shirt and wear it like that.  I tend to run warm, so it's usually just the right weight of fabric for me, plus it looks nice layered pulling out one of the other colors in the flannel print. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC fashion in a rut!

[ Edited ]

I also purchased the Jachs Girlfriend flannel shirt at my Costco warehouse.  The fabric is lightweight, soft and didn't shrink in the wash.  The fit is straight and boxy.  I'm debating about ordering the Weatherproof flannel shirt as it looks more fitted with some stretch.  Can't beat the prices at Costco!  

I do like some things in the Susan Graver line but I don't order anything with 'liquid knit' in the name, just not a fan of that fabrication.  I rarely purchase anything at full price, I wait for clearance or 'as is' pricing.

Trusted Contributor

Something  happened to them.  It's boring.  Same styles.  Same overly long tops. For a while I loved their fashions. Not any more.  I'm going to retail lately.  I found some beautiful tops at Kohls and Macys. 

Trusted Contributor

I think they are buying smaller quantities.  Then you have the stodgy customers who don't care about fashion who buy. 

Trusted Contributor

But Macys has great sales.  Usually on weekends or holidays.  Plus you get Macys money for purchases. 

Trusted Contributor

I have so many pajamas from Covid times.  I don't want any more ( except summer ones with shorts).  My drawers were so full I had to purge.  Besides, I get hot in too warm pj's and don't want those. 

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@spumoni99 wrote:

I rarely buy clothes from qvc unless they are discounted, I did see a cute flanner shirt a few nights ago with side pockets but it was 69 dollars...I looked at macys and they were pricey there also,, I found exactly the same think at costsco for 15 dollars!  I don't wear flannel much but for some reason this one spoke to me, probably because of the side pockets.

@spumoni99   Good eye!  I bought the same soft flannel shirt with side pockets at Costco.  How can you not love the $15 price tag too!   I like to layer a contrasting color t-shirt  under the flannel shirt and wear it like that.  I tend to run warm, so it's usually just the right weight of fabric for me, plus it looks nice layered pulling out one of the other colors in the flannel print. 

Same...I am in CA so that is pretty much all the "coat" I ever need unless its really a stormy day.

Contributor
Their fashions are very overpriced and have thinner fabric than normal clothes that we wear in life..too expensive!