Honored Contributor

Re: QVC fashion: Vintage, Frumpy, unfashionable

A lady sitting in the audience next to the costume design winner at the Oscar's last night, was wearing a Linea jacket that many of us have purchased.  Must not be too frumpy. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

A lady sitting in the audience next to the costume design winner at the Oscar's last night, was wearing a Linea jacket that many of us have purchased.  Must not be too frumpy. 

I thought it wasn't the Linea jacket, but a similar "baseball style" jacket?

Honored Contributor

If you search hard enough, you can put together some great outfits.  You need to open your mind and release your creativity to accomplish this.

Rule number one would be to avoid any combinations the hosts, vendors or anyone Q related recommends.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@qtpie60 wrote:

They always show skinny models wearing the items but I notice it is often size 3x that sells out first.

They probably don't bring in much in 3x.

@151949,I've read that the ladies who shop the "x" sizes feel they have a very narrow choice in brick and mortor stores.  I've never been in a store with a Plus Size department that equals the Misses' department.

Esteemed Contributor

I do not disagree with the OP but it would appear we are in a minority.  QVC just released its financials for the last quarter of 2016 and while sales were down overall the only area where sales increased was fashion

Super Contributor

Different strokes for different folks.  The Q has a wide variety of fashion merchandise for a wide variety of customers.

Honored Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

I do not disagree with the OP but it would appear we are in a minority.  QVC just released its financials for the last quarter of 2016 and while sales were down overall the only area where sales increased was fashion

I've just made some more purchases so I'll see if I made a dent or not. LOL

Honored Contributor

I purchase selectively from LOGO and Linea.  I have been attracted to a couple of Halston pieces, but I'm finding I'm purchasing LOGO most frequently.  Each of us expresses ourselves differently in our choices of clothing and i think the Q offers enough variety to please most for daily wear.  

Respected Contributor

I don't know why anyone would think (or expect) a retailer like QVC to be at the forefront of fashion with trendy, edgy, fashion-forward clothes. It's apparent that QVC was and is a retailer that sells comfortable clothes for a casual lifestyle. How women choose to style these clothes (and how the clothes fit the woman) largely determines whether they will look "frumpy" or not.

I have one or two pairs of elastic waist pants -- and I vowed I would never wear elastic waist pants! -- that look very good with the right tops and shoes. No one would know they have an elastic waist. I'm also short-waisted, but made sure not to buy the style where the pants come up to the natural waist, only below the waist.

I don't buy clothes anymore from QVC because of the prices. 

Respected Contributor

I think some of the clothes are cute.

I have purchased Susan Graver (I don't like all of her things, but I have several tops that I get compliments on.)

I have a few things from Louis Del' Olio.

And yes, a few tees from Denim and Co.

I don't consider what I've gotten to be frumpy or unfashionable.

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero