Respected Contributor

Re: QVC fashion: Vintage, Frumpy, unfashionable

@SeaMaiden if you are just the messenger, who are you sending the message from or for?????

Honored Contributor

@blondiechick wrote:

I agree some of the fashions of QVC are frumpy, however i love the Halston line.

I just ordered the lunchtime special shirt they have for $16.97.  I like simple clothes w/o prints and halston fits the bill for me.  I also really like Cameron as the Halston rep.

I love hearing about the history of Halston.  He does a great job.

@blondiechick,Isn't Cameron interesting?  I'd love to take a design class from him!!!  I'm sure he would be very animated and full of ideas.

Trusted Contributor

@blondiechick wrote:

I agree some of the fashions of QVC are frumpy, however i love the Halston line.

I just ordered the lunchtime special shirt they have for $16.97.  I like simple clothes w/o prints and halston fits the bill for me.  I also really like Cameron as the Halston rep.

I love hearing about the history of Halston.  He does a great job.

I like Cameron too! I recently bought a sweater that was at a sale price and I was so impressed by it. Really nicely made, one of my better Q purchases.

Contributor

They always show skinny models wearing the items but I notice it is often size 3x that sells out first.

Honored Contributor

I think Isaac's clothes are very youthful - todays TSV - with the cap sleeve is very nice and modern - yet there is at least one thread complaining because it doesn't cover the upper arm enough. I suppose if you want very youthful clothes you should shop the mall - lots of teen styles there.

Honored Contributor

@qtpie60 wrote:

They always show skinny models wearing the items but I notice it is often size 3x that sells out first.

They probably don't bring in much in 3x.

Frequent Contributor

DaisyK i'm with you.  A design class or a seminar.    I remember when i was a kid growing up in the 70's and Halston was the big desinger.  He designed for Liza Minelli, and Jackie O.  I aslo remember hearing about Studio 54.....where all the celebs and Halston hanging out,

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  You are not delivering a message thus are not a messenger.  You are stating an opinion. 

So why are you browsing and shopping at QVC?  If you dislike the merchandise, move on to something more to your taste. 

The national uniform of America is a tee and pants, usually jeans.  That's what I wear 98% of the time and I have lots of company.  I think Q shows a good variety of both, with lots of variations to give them personality.  How would you have them change it?  I don't need party clothes or things for business wear; I want and need pants and tops to wear with them, and QVC fills that need for many of us. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I think if you want high fashion items then home shopping might not be the right place for it. However, if you're looking for a few classic pieces then it might be a good place to find a few. It's too much of a risk to take when a retailer sells high fashion that's here today and gone tomorrow. Retailers don't want to deal with leftovers and the cost that goes along with it.

Honored Contributor

I saw someone on here complaining that a top was "shapless". For crying out loud - it had princess seams - there is no better way to make something fit a woman's figure. Perhaps that poster needed to remeasure and buy the correct size. Or maybe it is someone with no figure who thinks that clothes can miraculously make you have a great shape even if your body says different.