Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC fashion: Vintage, Frumpy, unfashionable

I am in my 60s too, I am neat and clean, uncomplicated. QVC shoppers are not going to clubs, movie premiers, fancy luncheons, etc on a regular basis.

I love pockets in my pants, I insist on them, tops no. 

I agree with the rise in pants and the long sleeves on tops, Petite are not offered in tops except for tunics and short sleeves. They push 3/4 sleeves they fit long or short arms.

I think the clothes are more plain as opposed to frumpy.

Super Contributor

You forgot expensive!! Looked at a pair of Joan Rivers gingham check capris this morning, WTH..50.00! For cotton capris..not in my lifetime! Just so past the cost of clothes on this site. I have a Gordman's, Marshalls, Burlington and Ross within a mile of my home so I get sticker shock when I visit here.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Just my opinion.   Do not shoot the messager.  

Never anything new or current... tops with pockets(seriously???.... pants with 99% spandex that come up to your chin......   really?.... The young models look ridiculous. Definitely QVC is aiming at 60  plus  and trying to cover EVERYTHING UP.   Yet,  I am 60 plus and would not wear 99%  of what they show.     

Oh I totally agree with you. I am early 60's and certainly don't wear the way they think I should look like! I remember back in the day, that I couldn't wait for fashion day! I would always buy so many cute things to wear! What happened? 

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

I am 64 and while most of QVC's fashions are not my style and way too conservative there are many others who have differing tastes in clothing and like them.  It's great that we all can find places where we can choose the type of clothing that suits us best.  Before the internet is was much more difficult to find clothing to suit my eclectic tastes.

Respected Contributor

You are not just the "messenger" if you are giving your own opinion.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Esteemed Contributor

I'm not on the "red carpet" that's silly talk really.  I'm not looking to be edgy whatever that means.  I think the clothes offered at the Q are fine for the casual lifestyle most people live and love.There are plenty of boutiques and shops to find what I think the OP is looking for.  My biggest complaint is price. I can afford the prices Q charges but why should I if I don't have to?

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Frequent Contributor

It's all in how you style it.  I work in a high level professional office environment, and today I'm wearing a Denim & Co. leather jacket (A266895 in the stone color) with  Ralph Lauren blue pants, a Ralph Lauren blue button front shirt and an Isaac Mizrahi ceramic watch that matches the color of the jacket. I think I look professional but still a little bit coll and fashionable.  I've already received one compliment on the jacket this morning.

QVC is clearly catering to the older viewer with a more casual lifestyle, but you can find plenty of nice things if you look.  Tomorrow I'll be wearing my favorite H by Halston dress (A271086), which is as nice as any dress I've bought from Nordstrom.

Frequent Contributor

Lynn Re: QVC fashion: Vintage, Frumpy, unfashionable

I I like a lot of Susan graver ..but for me ....I think they are a little pricey but I like her line .What I personally don't like is logo I don't like all the frills I understand there are a lot of people that like her ,her clothes are just not my style .Also like c.wonder .I.M. 

Valued Contributor

Oh, my - now I am vintage, frumpy and unfashionable!  Well, if that is the case, I guess a shroud is my next choice.

Frequent Contributor

I agree some of the fashions of QVC are frumpy, however i love the Halston line.

I just ordered the lunchtime special shirt they have for $16.97.  I like simple clothes w/o prints and halston fits the bill for me.  I also really like Cameron as the Halston rep.

I love hearing about the history of Halston.  He does a great job.