Honored Contributor

QVC fashion: Vintage, Frumpy, unfashionable

Just my opinion.   Do not shoot the messager.  

Never anything new or current... tops with pockets(seriously???.... pants with 99% spandex that come up to your chin......   really?.... The young models look ridiculous. Definitely QVC is aiming at 60  plus  and trying to cover EVERYTHING UP.   Yet,  I am 60 plus and would not wear 99%  of what they show.     

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC fashion: Vintage, Frumpy, unfashionable

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Never anything new or current... tops with pockets(seriously???.... pants with 99% spandex that come up to your chin......   really?.... The young models look ridiculous. Definitely QVC is aiming at 60  plus  and trying to cover EVERYTHING UP.   Yet,  I am 60 plus and would not wear 99%  of what they show.     

it's not an age it's a mindset and attitude that you have whatever your age

think of the posts that pop up all the time

"am I too old for __________ at 40/50"

Esteemed Contributor

I find some of the lines quite nice.  I like IM, some Graver and most recently, C Wonder.  It depends on where you are in life.  I am retired but when I was working, I did not purchase my business attire from QVC but mostly from Ann Taylor and Nordstrom.  I would not purchase formal attire online or from QVC or for a dressy special event.  But, for my casual lifestyle, I am generally pleased and receive positive remarks from many.   

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

If you pick and choose QVC has about the same variety as my local Macy's or brick and mortar store. I buy Linea and an occasional top from Denim & Co. For the most part, I was taught years ago by someone quite famous that I met in my youth...shopping high end and low end often helps with creating a beautiful wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

I find some of the lines quite nice.  I like IM, some Graver and most recently, C Wonder.  It depends on where you are in life.  I am retired but when I was working, I did not purchase my business attire from QVC but mostly from Ann Taylor and Nordstrom.  I would not purchase formal attire online or from QVC or for a dressy special event.  But, for my casual lifestyle, I am generally pleased and receive positive remarks from many.   

I agree with you.  These are evereyday, casual attire.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

See, it's all new to me again. I didn't watch once I retired and was busy with family matters. Now I'm interested again and even if it's just to watch, I'm totally enjoying it.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

Cool! An alternative. What makes you happy in clothes?

Honored Contributor

I'm a fan of SG and IM, as well as Louis.  Since I'm retired, their offerings are more than adequate for my needs and I always get compliments....especially on the SG items.  If I needed something dressy, I'd want to shop at a B&M store (assuming there would be any left by the time I need one!), so I can try it on right then and there.

Honored Contributor

My complaint is price.  Considering you can't try it on and you have to pay for shipping, it's no bargain anymore.  Some of the lines have high prices and use cheap fabrics (won't mention names).  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength
Trusted Contributor

@SeaMaiden

SG is my favorite.  She is always showing something new.

I guess it just depends on what style you like.