Respected Contributor

Re: QVC clothing prices are now out of my range

This baffles me.  Clearly the OP is completely unsatisified with QVC all around.  So wouldn't the answer be to find somewhere to shop that pleases you and is more to your liking.  Seriously do you think continually comlaining about it will give QVC something to think about and they will change it all for you???

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Trusted Contributor

I already have found other places to shop---online with free shipping both ways and at Kohl's etc.  My theory is if you have strong feelings you should communicate it to those who are in charge--both positive And negative. My point was I USED to Love QVC and bought tons of items, but no more. I am not the only one. If we say nothing and just shop somewhere else, QVC won't know the reason why we are leaving. If enough people say the same thing, they might change a little bit. People used to complain about the shipping and they changed it---not for the better, however.

Trusted Contributor

I don't think QVC is the only company that has raised prices. Talbots, LLBean, Lands End, JJill--companies that I also buy from are twice as much as the Q's prices. You have to wait until the end of the season sales to get the same prices as the Qs and they are also made in Chine --or--worse. It is a sad state of the affairs in our country I am afraid.

Esteemed Contributor

If you can hit a sale in a department store, you can probably do better pricewise on a lot of items.  I'll still buy here if I really like the item but I'm drifting away.  

Honored Contributor

ITA and that thing about lunch time specials.

Trusted Contributor

@geegerbee wrote:

I already have found other places to shop---online with free shipping both ways and at Kohl's etc.  My theory is if you have strong feelings you should communicate it to those who are in charge--both positive And negative. My point was I USED to Love QVC and bought tons of items, but no more. I am not the only one. If we say nothing and just shop somewhere else, QVC won't know the reason why we are leaving. If enough people say the same thing, they might change a little bit. People used to complain about the shipping and they changed it---not for the better, however.

I think the point is that there are plenty who buy and pay the higher prices.  Believe me, if nobody bought they would lower the price.  QVC is a business. I guess they have a rotation of customer.  Some no longer shop and new ones buy more.

Esteemed Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

@geegerbee wrote:

I think the point is that there are plenty who buy and pay the higher prices.  Believe me, if nobody bought they would lower the price.  QVC is a business. I guess they have a rotation of customer.  Some no longer shop and new ones buy more.

The Q has reported over 90% of their business is the same loyal customers. Many customers are willing to pay more for convenience. They're definitely no longer the best value, and the quality has become questionable. 

Valued Contributor

I have only bought one clothing item from QVC and that was years ago.  I have been thinking about a new jacket or 3/4 sweater for Easter, and have been unable to find anything, so I thought I would look on QVC.  Well, they do have some of what I am looking for, but the prices are out of my range.  I have bought really nice 3/4 sweaters from Kohls in the past and they are under $20 so I am spoiled. They just don't have any yet in their stores or online. I would never pay QVC prices. Even on the closeouts, they are reduced very little.

Regular Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@ellaphant  I must say that I don't find the Q to be like other retailers because I find them to be very expensive and have been for the last few years.  Certainly not worth the money they expect for them.  Yes the styles are very much the same but I can find the same styles much less at many places albeit online or in B&M stores.  I don't shop here anymore because I can no longer afford to especially when I find the same for much less elsewhere.

It's very funny to even peruse evinelive (as only one example) and find SO MANY of the same styles many for a lot less - amazon is another example. 

It blows my mind how much the Q prices their very few lines of clothing - perhaps because there are only about 5 or so is why they're SO expensive. 

Which leads me to us seeing tsv's every other hour.  There simply is no variety here anymore at least in clothing.  And the new line inD&Co called 'studio' is graver priced - $50 for a teeshirt?  I saw a new one in this line very sheer with a tank, I flipped at the price. 

$200 for a lamb leather jean jacket?  I heard one caller saying she bought 2 of them - EGAD!!! 

QVC is not very expensive, although everything is relative. I don't know ANY retail company that does not raise prices. If you all can't afford QVC, go somewhere else! Plenty of choices out there. QVC's profits are huge and they will continue to raise prices!

Why defend QVC? They obviously HAVE raised their prices much more than any retail Ive seen.  In fact I see many more coupons and sales and better buys in retail stores. They ARE expensive, and its obvious that most here agree.  It is what it is and yes we can shop elsewhere.  That is not the point!! 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't find QVC prices sky high.  I do find the value/quality for the price not there.  I can buy a top of better quality at Neiman Marcus on sale, or at Last Call or Nordies everyday for what QVC charges.  I also get free shipping, and free returns most places. 

Years ago, when we all cataloged shopped, QVC was a God send. Malls were few and far, online shopping was not available, it was hard to even compare.  I had to get in car and drive 40 miles to  dept store, then go in and out of stores.  Now I do that online. QVC refunded the money if we wern't satisfied, they had the free 30 day return, and they were trust worthy.  Today one can shop anywhere in world at any time, for about anything.  It is competitive!  Most online businesses offer a great deal, quick deliveries, and quick refunds.  I get refunds from most places   a week.  So, now QVC is not the only business we can trust.  The clothes especially, are mostly lower end quality for a medium to medium high price.  It costs 20.00 to try a pair of shoes, and 10 dollars to try a top.   things I just can do better else where, and somethings, are okay and I buy them.  But not clothing or shoes, no way!