Honored Contributor

Re: QVC clothing prices are now out of my range

@geegerbee, ITA with you!  I have almost stopped buying clothing from them, D&C use to be my favorite, but OMG the prices are outrageous for a little top, when I could buy a top on sale at a Dept. store cheaper, as well as cuter and not in french terry, ugh!

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant  I must say that I don't find the Q to be like other retailers because I find them to be very expensive and have been for the last few years.  Certainly not worth the money they expect for them.  Yes the styles are very much the same but I can find the same styles much less at many places albeit online or in B&M stores.  I don't shop here anymore because I can no longer afford to especially when I find the same for much less elsewhere.

It's very funny to even peruse evinelive (as only one example) and find SO MANY of the same styles many for a lot less - amazon is another example. 

It blows my mind how much the Q prices their very few lines of clothing - perhaps because there are only about 5 or so is why they're SO expensive. 

Which leads me to us seeing tsv's every other hour.  There simply is no variety here anymore at least in clothing.  And the new line inD&Co called 'studio' is graver priced - $50 for a teeshirt?  I saw a new one in this line very sheer with a tank, I flipped at the price. 

$200 for a lamb leather jean jacket?  I heard one caller saying she bought 2 of them - EGAD!!! 

Respected Contributor

@PINKdogWOOD wrote:

@ellaphant  I must say that I don't find the Q to be like other retailers because I find them to be very expensive and have been for the last few years.  Certainly not worth the money they expect for them.  Yes the styles are very much the same but I can find the same styles much less at many places albeit online or in B&M stores.  I don't shop here anymore because I can no longer afford to especially when I find the same for much less elsewhere.

It's very funny to even peruse evinelive (as only one example) and find SO MANY of the same styles many for a lot less - amazon is another example. 

It blows my mind how much the Q prices their very few lines of clothing - perhaps because there are only about 5 or so is why they're SO expensive. 

Which leads me to us seeing tsv's every other hour.  There simply is no variety here anymore at least in clothing.  And the new line inD&Co called 'studio' is graver priced - $50 for a teeshirt?  I saw a new one in this line very sheer with a tank, I flipped at the price. 

$200 for a lamb leather jean jacket?  I heard one caller saying she bought 2 of them - EGAD!!! 

QVC is not very expensive, although everything is relative. I don't know ANY retail company that does not raise prices. If you all can't afford QVC, go somewhere else! Plenty of choices out there. QVC's profits are huge and they will continue to raise prices!

Honored Contributor

It sounds to me as if the price of QVC's clothes shouldn't matter to OP.  Why would things she says are ugly be any better if they were cheaper?

Meanwhile everything Susan Graver I liked last night sold in the thousands.  That tells me QVC IS listening to their customers.

Esteemed Contributor

Well, I have to wonder why their prices have gone up so much.  It could be for any number of reasons, including:  the costs to manufacturer the items have gone way up; QVC over extended itself in the way of employees or facilities to pay for; or just plain greed to see how much they can profit.  It is likely a combination of all three and more reasons as well.  I am still buying from QVC and think I have become numb to the prices.  I have to really stop and think if it is worth it to me to buy a top for $50 when I don't really need it.  I do laugh when the hosts say an item is a MUST HAVE.  Really?  It is bordering on insulting when they talk like that.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@geegerbee

I understand what you are saying.  I used to go crazy on Denim & Co TSV days, not so much for the TSVs but the new Denim & Co items that would be featured/presented.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@millieshops wrote:

It sounds to me as if the price of QVC's clothes shouldn't matter to OP.  Why would things she says are ugly be any better if they were cheaper?

Meanwhile everything Susan Graver I liked last night sold in the thousands.  That tells me QVC IS listening to their customers.

I was thinking the same thing.  What difference does it make what the price is if you don't like what is being sold?

Would you like a dress that looks like something a prisoner would wear if it was $20.00 cheaper?  LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

QVC is the TV equivalent of a showroom, you look at what they have and find the same or similar elsewhere. 

The customer has to ask themselves just what are they paying for and why?

Honored Contributor

I suppose QVC says good-bye and don't let the door hit you on the way out.  Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I quit ordering shoes a long time ago on QVC because I could never get the right fit.  I still have some boots that are way too big (mostly too wide) that I probably should have sent back.  I'm just over paying the postage for returns on shoes and clothing.  If I'm ordering shoes or clothing online, I'll usually order from Nordstrom's because they have free shipping and free returns.  Also, their shoes usually fit my true size.  I think a lot of times QVC will produce shoes for the masses and will make them a little more loosey-goosey.