Trusted Contributor

QVC clothing prices are now out of my range

First I had to stop buying shoes because the same brand had inconsistent sizing and it costs $12 to try and return. Then I had to stop buying SG because all the tops are over $50. Now the D&Co are all over $40--for clothes to wear around the house. Over half my closet was filled with QVC items, but no more. The D&C crop pants on today were $39.50 ..wow. Last year I bought some for $23 and $26. 

And the styles are nothing special. Today's D&C midi dress in coral looked like something prisoners wear. Lori Goldstein clothes all hang in layers and as others have said, looks like something the homeless wear. I know, lots of people love it, but I don't get it. 

Add that to the same old, same old products and showing the TSV EVERY HOUR, shipping policy and I have been watching less and less. Guess they have enough new people shopping who don't know any better, so they won't miss my business. Too bad. I used to have QVC on in the background all day. Enjoyed the repartie of the hosts. Can't do that anymore because of the high pitched, high volume salespeople. And don't get me started on steel, brass and resin-filled jewelry selling for the same prices as gold used to sell for.  Enough of my rant. Sorry. And sorry those in charge aren't listening to their customers.

Occasional Contributor

Re: QVC clothing prices are now out of my range

Couldn't agree more and the lunchtime specials are not special!!!!

Honored Contributor

I found out years ago that there are plenty of other stores to shop at other than QVC.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Prices always go up and products change. QVC is no different than any other retailer. Their pricing is reflective of what the market will bear and what is profitable.

You should shop elsewhere.

Super Contributor

Well put. I have given up on QVC's clothing/shoes quite a while ago, due to sizing problems, and the money out of my pocket it costs to return them, with nothing to show for the money spent. I find that it's less aggravating and more cost efficient to just shop at actual stores.And as you said, the cost of their clothing has gone up considerably. My husband and I are retired, so to buy a top that is $35 and up to wear while doing housework does not make sense.

As far as their jewelry, it has to wow me to purchase, as I have quite a collection that was purchased years ago when precious metal prices were so much more affordable, and inherited quite a few pieces of my mother's, who also shopped on QVC. Don't mind the stainless steel, but the prices of those pieces are now creeping up to where sterling silver was.

I do purchase a few things here and there from QVC, but not nearly as much as before. Once in a while you do find a good deal on something you can use, or a gift, but nothing like years ago.

Trusted Contributor

I am sorry to say, i agree with all you have said. The only way i shop is by using easy-pay now. But i am starting to shop other sites more often these days. I do not like logo, not much of Susan graver, little of denim and co ( would rather pay more, for good quality) and gili is not what it used to be. I am sick of the tsv on so often, and don't care for vionic and clarks. So whats left ? Feel like i lost an old freiend.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

It is up to each of us to shop where we can afford to buy.  I can't afford high end boutiques, department, or furniture stores etc so I don't shop there.  Companies don't change their business plan because some people can't afford to purchase their goods.  There are plenty of brick and mortar and online stores that sell at different price levels.  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

If you like QVC products... wait and watch for AS IS, CLEARANCE, or LAST CLICKS.

Also there are online stores... I think Zulily was acquired by QVC.

I look at Blair and partners.  Buy one time and you will get a whole bunch of associated sales from the others.  

Once you get the hundreds of catalogues or emails from all the companies online...  you will have many choices as well as being over stocked with emails daily.  Chose wisely and know how to unsubscribe. Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

Help your local economy - buy local!

Trusted Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

If you like QVC products... wait and watch for AS IS, CLEARANCE, or LAST CLICKS.

Also there are online stores... I think Zulily was acquired by QVC.

I look at Blair and partners.  Buy one time and you will get a whole bunch of associated sales from the others.  

Once you get the hundreds of catalogues or emails from all the companies online...  you will have many choices as well as being over stocked with emails daily.  Chose wisely and know how to unsubscribe. Woman Wink

In August 2015, Zulily was purchased by Liberty Interactive's QVC division for $2.4 billion plus stock.