Super Contributor

Re: QVC caters to plus sizes- why not the same for petites?

I agree with both of you.   I am a tall woman over 6 ft tall. I rarely shop at QVC.   They don't offer anything long enough.  I shop other web sites where I find nice clothing at great prices.  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC caters to plus sizes- why not the same for petites?

@KentuckyWoman wrote:

I have spent a lot of money in the past week or so returning items from Halston, Belle, and Linea.  All items I purchased were too big and way to long, too boxy and shapeless, to long in the sleeve or too tight in the muscle of the arm, you name it.  Yes, I took my own measurements, studied the size charts, added a couple of inches for ease of movement and comfort.  I am 5'9" tall and size extra large.  Good news.  The department stores where I shop have petite, missy, and plus size departments.  If I relied on QVC for my fashion needs, I would be naked.  For me, shopping online for clothing is a gamble.   Mostly, I lose.  :-(

OH I so agree.  The money I have spent returning clothing that did not fit properly is outrageous.  I am simply not going to memorize every body measurement to ensure that the sleeves on a jacket or sweater don't reach to my fingertips or that the leg width on a pair of pants isn't big enough to allow me and my three best friends in them at once.  YEs I do know my bust, hip and waist measurements but that is not all there is to worry about to ensure a properly fitted garment.  I will take myself to the mall and try things on.