Esteemed Contributor

Re: QVC, What Are You Thinking??

On 2/13/2015 Mtnbikegirl said:

they said the same thing about Picasso. Why not give the new designers a chance. I like the variety. It's better to have more choices than only a few. Anyone else notice the absence of Susan Graver, again? It's very odd...

I agree that it is good to have different designers on. For awhile Fashion Days was just Susan Graver and Denim & Co. I was happy to see Mark Zinno(sp?) on today.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Sheesh said:

I agree with everything you said except "you are better than this"---no, they are not--the Q is a hot mess, and has been for quite a while---ever since they bet the farm on Isaac Mizrahi---the biggest fashion charlatan that has ever come down the pike. And this Lori Goldstein clown show that is on now ("everything goes with anything" nonsense) is just the ultimate in ridiculousness.

I so agree with you! Mizrahi is such an overrated (to QVC audiences anyway) "designer". He keeps on making those endless granny cardigans. Same thing with Goldstein. Her endless leggings with a flowing shark top. Ugh.. So tired of it . Same thing fall and spring.

New Contributor

Could just be me but has anyone noticed that there are no large or plus size models on QVC fashion week finale tonight? I am a medium and I don't think that size is represented either.
Honored Contributor

I just "dropped in" on this thread, and I do want to express a great personal dislike I have nursed for a while. What disturbs me so greatly? Those tight pants (someone in a post above called them "leggings") that most of the youngish male designers wear. They upend the natural proportion of what is sartorially attractive, and they honestly are not becoming. Hope this trend disappears very soon.

Valued Contributor

On 2/13/2015 DJP said: I don't like the way they keep touching and pawing at the models . Cringe!

No kidding, are they trying to see just how awful they can make this..wince, wince wince...like how many times was that necessary?

Valued Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Sheesh said:

I agree with everything you said except "you are better than this"---no, they are not--the Q is a hot mess, and has been for quite a while---ever since they bet the farm on Isaac Mizrahi---the biggest fashion charlatan that has ever come down the pike. And this Lori Goldstein clown show that is on now ("everything goes with anything" nonsense) is just the ultimate in ridiculousness.

You are soooo right, it is as obvious as the nose on a face.

Respected Contributor

I can' agree with almost every post here.It's pretty dreadful. I turned in,watched for a bit and then I watched the Americans and Empire instead. ( Shout out to Taraji P. Henson for her superb acting as Cookie in Empire!)
Respected Contributor

I just got home from work and am not watching any of the shows this evening. But I can say that Seth Aaron has more talent than he can ever use designing for QVC. The man is just trying to make a living. He has to design product that will be picked up by the buying team here. It is a bunch of simple stuff with elements tacked on, made out of synthetic materials, completely bereft of the tailoring and design talent he displayed on Project Runway. If he designed according to his own vibe, it would probably scare or offend the be hesus out of most of the conservative types who buy their Denim & Co. here. I'm not at all familiar with the other male designer mentioned. I think I saw a photo of his "leggings" on one of these threads a day or two ago, and that was enough for me.