Contributor

QVC, What Are You Thinking??

I was sooo excited to see that my favorite designer, Mark Zunino, was returning to the Q tonight! Of course, I ordered his beautiful new pieces! Then I stayed tuned in for the rest of the show and couldn't believe what I saw. I'm not sure who thought bringing Seth Aaron and Walter Baker to QVC was a good idea but they are horrible! They can't speak about their own clothes, they look so unappealing on air and their clothes are hideous. I realize that you have to have a variety of designers to serve a variety of tastes but please don't insult our intelligence by putting "designers" on air that have ZERO knowledge of what other people designed for their lines. Don't even get me started on "stylists-turned-designers." QVC, you're better than this.

Valued Contributor

Re: QVC, What Are You Thinking??

I don't like the way they keep touching and pawing at the models . Cringe!
Valued Contributor

I don't like the way they keep touching and pawing at the models . Cringe!
Esteemed Contributor

It was sooo awkward when Shawn told him that his design was basically a vamped up t-shirt dress. Crickets......

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

I agree with everything you said except "you are better than this"---no, they are not--the Q is a hot mess, and has been for quite a while---ever since they bet the farm on Isaac Mizrahi---the biggest fashion charlatan that has ever come down the pike. And this Lori Goldstein clown show that is on now ("everything goes with anything" nonsense) is just the ultimate in ridiculousness.

"More is more and less is a bore!" Iris Apfel
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/13/2015 Sheesh said:

I agree with everything you said except "you are better than this"---no, they are not--the Q is a hot mess, and has been for quite a while---ever since they bet the farm on Isaac Mizrahi---the biggest fashion charlatan that has ever come down the pike. And this Lori Goldstein clown show that is on now ("everything goes with anything" nonsense) is just the ultimate in ridiculousness.

You mean you don't like the kindergarten flower wreath on her head or the metal cuffs with the fur on them?!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Trusted Contributor

Ah, yes, the flower wreath, I remember wearing one for my Holy Communion. And would I buy clothes designed by grown men who wear leggings, combat boots, and a dyed comb over ( aka Donald Trump and Rudy Guiliani and Adam Lambert ) ? I think not.

Too "edgy" and would be out of date in one season.

Super Contributor

Sigh. People keep asking for new at the Q. Well, here is some new. Not everything will be to everyone's liking. Remember variety being the spice of life, ladies?

Honored Contributor

Actually, OP, I don't think QVC necessarily is 'better than this'...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

they said the same thing about Picasso. Why not give the new designers a chance. I like the variety. It's better to have more choices than only a few. Anyone else notice the absence of Susan Graver, again? It's very odd...