Honored Contributor

Re: QVC VANITY SIZING CHANGES

@Good4uwrote:

I find the sizing fascinating and no longer buy clothes from shopping channels.  I am mainly a catalog shopper and find their sizing more consistent.  When checking sizing in catalogs I'm a 1X or 18W, QVC sizing I fall between 1X and 2X and on HSN I'm a solid 2X or 20W.  So to me, vanity sizing really is in the catalogs.  

It all depends upon where one shops.

@Good4u  Same here. I do my clothing shopping at B&M stores or catalogs where I know my size is correct or order on sites like J Crew that have consistent sizing for me.

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12wrote:

I am currently a medium in department stores and on the Q I get small or extra small. I am not small or extra small and will never be. I use there click here measurements all the time to get the correct size, which I love and I am so glad they provide that option. But Vanity sizing has been around on the Q for quite some time. 

@Lucylu12  The hosts and models say they’re wearing size XS or S when asked. TV adds 15 lbs. and they don’t look that small either way to me. It’s so difficult to judge & returns have become a nightmare.

Trusted Contributor

I so agree. So many of them do not look a size 2 or Xsmall but they say they are. The only one that looks there size is Amy and Carolyn Gracie, the size she wears looks pretty close.

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@winamac1wrote:

QVC's vanity sizing is out of control.  I'm five 8, and XXS's should not be too large for me.  Some are....it shows how grossly oversized these items on QVC are.  QVC wants us to think we are thinner than we are.

I agree with Lipstick Diva...HSN sizing is, in most cases, more similar to brick and mortar.  Evine is all over the map.  One xs ran big on me, and in another case I took a small.  I don't buy much clothing from Evine.   I recently purchased a Kate and Mallory top, and I like it !  I just don't buy too often as their returns are expensive.

@winamac1, I can't speak to shopping channel sizing, but I can tell you for sure that I've seen creeping vanity size out there in general.

It might not matter to most people because they can just find the size that fits them. But if you're very thin, it's quite possible to be removed from the size chart altogether.

Well you are correct.  There is creeping vanity sizing in brick and mortar now too...It's everywhere.  QVC is just one of the worst.  I'm never an XXS in any brick and mortar.

I am an XS in a lot of b and m now due to vanity sizing.  I just bought a cute camo jacket in a pink-hued tone (lola actually posted a pic of it awhile back).  I purchased the XS, and it's too big.  So, yes, there is vanity sizing everywhere.  

I can certainly see how women very petite, small boned and tiny have a really hard time finding clothes that fit.  I'm none of the above.  I usually have no issues with sizing in brick and mortar, but many xxs's in the QVC world are large.  That's absurd.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@Shanuswrote:

@Lucylu12wrote:

I am currently a medium in department stores and on the Q I get small or extra small. I am not small or extra small and will never be. I use there click here measurements all the time to get the correct size, which I love and I am so glad they provide that option. But Vanity sizing has been around on the Q for quite some time. 

@Lucylu12  The hosts and models say they’re wearing size XS or S when asked. TV adds 15 lbs. and they don’t look that small either way to me. It’s so difficult to judge & returns have become a nightmare.

The thinner models all wear XXS.  A five 10 woman should not be wearing an xxs.  That's only in the QVC world.  Kate is five 10.  She's always in XXS.

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

QVC, HSN and Evine all used to have the same sizing. Several years ago, HSN changed its sizing to match B&M stores then Evine followed suit.  QVC has kept its sizing which is larger.  It was never smaller than HSN's.

For example, a medium on HSN is an 8/10 and QVC's medium is a 10/12.   

That's ridiculous. A 10/12 should not be medium. It should be large.

I am typically XS in B&M. I once ordered an Isaac dress in XS, and it fit like a tent. I had to belt that thing to make it not look like a nightgown. I think clothes here are generally made for larger/taller people, so I just don't buy much.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

There are a LOT of inconsistencies with shopping channels and clothing brands ... both online AND all the B&M stores.

I used to travel a lot and one of my favorite non-wrinkling brands for business travel was the St John knits.    They were about 2 sizes smaller than other items in my closet.  I wore a size 8 and every St John knit piece I owned was a size 4.  

That's why you always need to consult the sizing charts.  Don't assume anything.

It is what it is.

Valued Contributor

I have noticed that even using the garment specific measurements, that they still tend to be a little off.  I am a B&M size 10 at the moment, but I just had to exchange 3 pairs of QVC SG pants for size 8 in lieu of size 10 (using the garment dimensions they should have been spot on).  I will say I have far less sizing issues with HSN than QVC, I am a medium bottom and a medium top. Except Marla Wynn, which is usually so oversized I cannot figure it out and stopped purchasing.  I was just thinking the other day how QVC should update their sizing to match HSN since they are sister networks now. You are going to have a lot of unhappy shoppers exchanging or returning for refunds for both networks if they do not realize how much the sizing varies.

Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12wrote:

I have noticed that even using the garment specific measurements, that they still tend to be a little off.  I am a B&M size 10 at the moment, but I just had to exchange 3 pairs of QVC SG pants for size 8 in lieu of size 10 (using the garment dimensions they should have been spot on).  I will say I have far less sizing issues with HSN than QVC, I am a medium bottom and a medium top. Except Marla Wynn, which is usually so oversized I cannot figure it out and stopped purchasing.  I was just thinking the other day how QVC should update their sizing to match HSN since they are sister networks now. You are going to have a lot of unhappy shoppers exchanging or returning for refunds for both networks if they do not realize how much the sizing varies.

You are so correct.  The sizing charts do not help me at all.  They are always off.

IT is so hit or miss.

Honored Contributor

@Roni18wrote:

@Lipstickdivawrote:

QVC, HSN and Evine all used to have the same sizing. Several years ago, HSN changed its sizing to match B&M stores then Evine followed suit.  QVC has kept its sizing which is larger.  It was never smaller than HSN's.

For example, a medium on HSN is an 8/10 and QVC's medium is a 10/12.   

I will agree, in my experience QVC sizing has been much bigger overall than QVC with maybe the exception of the Marla wynne items.  I've only found Isaac and Logo items to be closer to real sizing - everything else I've ordered has been way too big.  

Marla Wynn's items run really big.