Highlighted
Contributor

When did qvc change their sizing? qvc has always been one size down compared to hsn. I am a med on hsn and next to never a sm there, and a sm on qvc, until today. On Bob Mackie items received that were too large I discovered that I am now an xs according to the garment/size chart!!!!! I have never been an xs in my life. 5'8" and  130 lbs. My body size has not changed ever. Stats show that the U.S. pop. is 3 quarters overweight or obese, but this is ridiculous. What next? I become and xxxxxxxxs?

Honored Contributor

Re: QVC VANITY SIZING CHANGES

I haven't noticed sizing changes.  I always review the click here measurements prior to ordering.  Not all garments within a line have the exact same measurements for each piece.  No click here measurements, no order.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch/like HSN so no clue. I only buy D&C from the Q and for the last 20 years the sizing has remained the same, at least for me.

Honored Contributor

QVC, HSN and Evine all used to have the same sizing. Several years ago, HSN changed its sizing to match B&M stores then Evine followed suit.  QVC has kept its sizing which is larger.  It was never smaller than HSN's.

For example, a medium on HSN is an 8/10 and QVC's medium is a 10/12.   

Honored Contributor

QVC's vanity sizing is out of control.  I'm five 8, and XXS's should not be too large for me.  Some are....it shows how grossly oversized these items on QVC are.  QVC wants us to think we are thinner than we are.

I agree with Lipstick Diva...HSN sizing is, in most cases, more similar to brick and mortar.  Evine is all over the map.  One xs ran big on me, and in another case I took a small.  I don't buy much clothing from Evine.   I recently purchased a Kate and Mallory top, and I like it !  I just don't buy too often as their returns are expensive.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I haven't noticed any changes in sizing but I don't spend much time thinking about sizes.  When I buy something, I use the body measurement chart and whatever size it says I wear.....that's what I buy.   As long as I get a good fit; I don't care if it's M or XL or Q.  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdivawrote:

QVC, HSN and Evine all used to have the same sizing. Several years ago, HSN changed its sizing to match B&M stores then Evine followed suit.  QVC has kept its sizing which is larger.  It was never smaller than HSN's.

For example, a medium on HSN is an 8/10 and QVC's medium is a 10/12.   

I will agree, in my experience QVC sizing has been much bigger overall than QVC with maybe the exception of the Marla wynne items.  I've only found Isaac and Logo items to be closer to real sizing - everything else I've ordered has been way too big.  

Honored Contributor

@winamac1wrote:

QVC's vanity sizing is out of control.  I'm five 8, and XXS's should not be too large for me.  Some are....it shows how grossly oversized these items on QVC are.  QVC wants us to think we are thinner than we are.

I agree with Lipstick Diva...HSN sizing is, in most cases, more similar to brick and mortar.  Evine is all over the map.  One xs ran big on me, and in another case I took a small.  I don't buy much clothing from Evine.   I recently purchased a Kate and Mallory top, and I like it !  I just don't buy too often as their returns are expensive.

@winamac1, I can't speak to shopping channel sizing, but I can tell you for sure that I've seen creeping vanity size out there in general.

It might not matter to most people because they can just find the size that fits them. But if you're very thin, it's quite possible to be removed from the size chart altogether.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor

I find the sizing fascinating and no longer buy clothes from shopping channels.  I am mainly a catalog shopper and find their sizing more consistent.  When checking sizing in catalogs I'm a 1X or 18W, QVC sizing I fall between 1X and 2X and on HSN I'm a solid 2X or 20W.  So to me, vanity sizing really is in the catalogs.  

It all depends upon where one shops.

Trusted Contributor

I am currently a medium in department stores and on the Q I get small or extra small. I am not small or extra small and will never be. I use there click here measurements all the time to get the correct size, which I love and I am so glad they provide that option. But Vanity sizing has been around on the Q for quite some time.