Honored Contributor

QVC T-shirts comparable to LL Bean's prices?

Am I wrong about this? I just ordered some pima cotton t-shirts from LL Bean. I did a little comparison and their prices are about the same as QVC t-shirts--just regular plain t's not with sparkles or such. I'm talking about regular pricing too, not any "on sale" especially, just regular price.

Is this new? I seem to remember when most plain QVC t-shirts were cheaper. Now I'm not thinking that is the case. By the way I LOVE the LL Bean pima cotton ones, and that's all I'm buying from now on. Then there's the Bean free shipping and returns too. . . {#emotions_dlg.blink}

Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC T-shirts comparable to LL Bean's prices?

And I'll bet the LL Bean quality is thousand's of times better.

Frequent Contributor

Don't know why it double posted; I tried to delete but it will only let me edit. Sorry.

Honored Contributor

It's harder and harder to find good t-shirts of nice fabric and weight! They aren't just for knock-around any more when they are nice!

Respected Contributor

I'm sure you'll love your L.L. Bean purchase.

That being said, I've had tremendous luck with D&C's T-shirts.

Honored Contributor

On 2/10/2015 cjmcp said:

And I'll bet the LL Bean quality is thousand's of times better.

I wish that were true! I used to love their pima cotton tees. And then the quality went down and they lost me as a customer.

No idea if it had anything to do with their going to free shipping though. Just know I'm no longer in love and that's sad. I still have the three I bought way long ago and they've been worn and washed and worn and washed. Not so for a subsequent order.

Honored Contributor

I love LL Bean and they have honered their return policy for a winter coat I purchased and returned 3 years later for another one because the seams came apart when I washed it. I only wore the coat about 10 times.

Their CS Rep told me that they have honered their return policy on items purchased up 10-20 years if the customer did not feel the item performed as expected and they have no timeline. If you're not happy, return it... whenever.

I buy many things from them and only had to return this one coat, but I like that they stand behind everything they sell 100%... forever.

Because of their return policy, I shop LL Bean first. They always are the better value.

I love their pima cotton t-shirts. I have several in different styles and sleeve lengths.

Valued Contributor

I order mine from Lands End and they are very nice.

Regular Contributor

I love LL Bean. In another discussion on these boards last October, I posted the following about some Tee Shirt comparision shopping between the Q and LL Bean:

"I am in need of some basic long sleeve tees and turtlenecks for the fall/winter. I think Isaac has the best quality 100% cotton tees at the Q, and LCNY had a turtleneck in a color I liked. So I put 3 long sleeve tees and one turtleneck in my cart. Then I went to LLBean and did the same thing with their pima cotton tees/turtlenecks which I actually think hold up better than Isaacs. LLBean has free shipping all the time and they are running a promo of 10% off your whole order right now.

The results - QVC order was $107 + $14.30 for shipping and a grand total of $121.30 for my 4 items(no tax for me where I live). LLBean was $97.80 minus $9.78 (10%) discount for a grand total of $88.02. Wow - that is a $33.28 savings at LLBean for better quality, faster and FREE shipping. Interestingly, what I wasn't expecting is that the LLBean order was less expensive overall, even without the free shipping or their 10% promo discount. This really surprised me. Well this little experiment woke me up and I will only buy unique items at the Q that I truly can't get elsewhere...."

I just compared a single long sleeve 100% cotton tee from Isaac ($32.50 +$3.00 s/h = $35.50 total) vs $24.95 = 0 s/h for a 100% pima cotton long sleeve tee. Again the Q is $10.55 more.....

Honored Contributor

I do believe things have changed in the last year or so. Or I've been asleep at the wheel here! LOL!!!