Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Shipping/Delivery: Waiting for the Pony Express!

I generally get my things in a week or less.

I just don't think Q can win. People complain if they can't cancel because it goes into shipping too quickly and they complain if it takes too long to ship. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

As an aside, my last order I placed with Amazon still hadn't shipped after a week so I cancelled it. I guess it all depends.

Respected Contributor

I live in the Northeast and get my packages pretty fast. I probably get them within a week of ordering.

I really like LLBean. No shipping charges ever and I get my package two days after I order it. I like everything about them.

Respected Contributor

I think if you compare QVC's ship times to other retailers they are at the bottom of the list.

Honored Contributor

East coast here - LI and SE Florida - pretty much 4 to 5 days total from order to on my doorstep for QVC.

I'm wondering if Amazon is rethinking their shipping - I ordered a book recently and wanted paper so I could easily pass the book onto friends; Amazon took $1 off the shipping cost (even though I'm Prime and there was none) if I'd agree to non-Prime shipping. Of course, if I really wanted that dollar, I had to use it to buy another book within their time limit. so it was no deal as far as I was concerned.

More a way for Amazon to save money and get me to buy something I wasn't planning to - for someone who regularly buys books (paper or Kindle). it was helpful - especially since I didn't care whether the book came in 2 days or even QVC's 4 or 5.

Esteemed Contributor

I have been waiting for my delivery of wine shipped since 10/13 it is now 10/23 with no tracking available.I was charged on the 13th

To top it all,I think the company is in NJ where I live. I probably could go pick it up faster!

I can order from Amazon at night and it is here the very next morning {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I don't know how they do it. It amazes me every time

edited to say:

I got the wine today. I guess 10 days is what to expect for wine.Since I ordered a lot of wine, I guess it's Ok.. They are Christmas gifts anyway, I shouldn't complain. It would be nice to be able to track the shipping though. But from now on I will expect a 10 day wait.

Honored Contributor

On 10/23/2014 MalteseMomma said:

I have been waiting for my delivery of wine since 10/13 it is now 10/23 with no tracking available. I was charged on the 13th {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}

To top it all,I think the company is in NJ where I live. I probably could go pick it up faster!

I can order from Amazon at night and it is here the very next morning {#emotions_dlg.thumbup} I don't know how they do it. It amazes me every time

You could probably pick it up on your bike faster.{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Honored Contributor

You could probably make the wine faster.

That's ridiculous.

Respected Contributor

I live on west coast but what I don't understand is my orders from other Companies arrive all within 5-6 days from date of order. QVC from date I order - then generally 3 days ""in process"" then always another 10 days. I know if I order from Q VC my wait is around 2weeks. My last order was placed on October 13 - I expect to see it around Oct 27th or so.
Regular Contributor

It's absurd how inept they are at getting orders out of the warehouse and how long it takes your packages to arrive. I ordered 2 sweaters on Oct 1 and my estimated date of arrival was Oct 19. I promptly canceled the order, which I find myself doing more and more, either from S&H sticker shock or the estimated delivery date. Even UPS Blue, which I sometimes bite the bullet and get if I want to try something for size before it sells out, used to be here in 2 days, now its 4. And you can forget tracking information. You used to be able to track your package every step of the way. Now it can arrive before it shows leaving the warehouse in Pa. Just another area QVC has lost its way.

On the flip side when you return something to HSN you get an email the next day telling you they know its in transit and you will get a credit in 3-4 days. I've had returns take 3 weeks with QVC then another week to get my money returned. Pitiful.

Esteemed Contributor

After my order being "in process" for four days, I got tired of that and decided to cancel. I couldn't cancel with the message "it was in process." This told me what bri posted, that it comes from a different place than the Q. The manufacturer ships things out. The Q doesn't have everything in their warehouses. I'm in the Southeast, however most all shipments from the Q take close to or l0 days. This tells me the Q hires fewer people for S&H than other places, like Amazon.