Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Sept Insider Fashion TSV's

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl, @pinkmochi  -  The Barefoot Dreams TSV has arrived!  I got the heather cocoa/sand and I bought the medium.  I'm usually a 6/8 on top, but an 8 on bottom.  Since they didn't post the size chart, and I have the first TSV they offered, I based the size on that; medium is a size 8.   The shoulders hit at the right part, not hanging off my shoulder, but under the arm is a little full (not voluminous) but I have really thin arms.  I may have been able to go with the small, but wasn't sure.  The side slits hit at the perfect part at the side of my leg.  I think if I'd have gone to a small, the slits would have been gravitating toward the back of my leg, which would look bad.  I'm 5'4" and the sweater touches just above my knee.  The cocoa/sand is a really beautiful color.  I tried it on with a long sleeve tee, skinny jeans, and brown Frye riding boots.  I thought it looked great.  Going back for the black/graphite. 

EDITED TO ADD:  I decided to reorder in a small, just to make sure about the arms.  I tried it on again last night and almost feel the upper arm may be too big.  I don't know that the small will change that, but thought I'd better try while I have the chance. 

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl @IlliniGirl88 My mom's Barefoot Dreams cardigan arrived today. The fabric is really soft!!! I didn't unfold it, but I'm going to give it to her this weekend and see how it fits on her before I order mine. Woman Tongue

I saw the show yesterday with Amy Stran and ordered the olive and camel. It didn't look too long on her. I was originally going to order XS based on the size guide, but then I changed to XXS when I saw the dimensions of the garment and heard what size some of the models were wearing. I don't know why the measurements on those two size guides differ. I think some people mentioned in the forums that they've had to size down in this line, so we'll see. If it doesn't fit, it wasn't meant to be. I know that they have free exchanges now, but the olive sold out in XS.

@Chi-town girl Amy was wearing the new upcoming TSV last night??  Is that right....darn I wish I had seen it on!  Was it the loden combo one??  Wonder if I can locate a video of her wearing it.

Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl @IlliniGirl88 My mom's Barefoot Dreams cardigan arrived today. The fabric is really soft!!! I didn't unfold it, but I'm going to give it to her this weekend and see how it fits on her before I order mine. Woman Tongue

I saw the show yesterday with Amy Stran and ordered the olive and camel. It didn't look too long on her. I was originally going to order XS based on the size guide, but then I changed to XXS when I saw the dimensions of the garment and heard what size some of the models were wearing. I don't know why the measurements on those two size guides differ. I think some people mentioned in the forums that they've had to size down in this line, so we'll see. If it doesn't fit, it wasn't meant to be. I know that they have free exchanges now, but the olive sold out in XS.

@Chi-town girl Amy was wearing the new upcoming TSV last night??  Is that right....darn I wish I had seen it on!  Was it the loden combo one??  Wonder if I can locate a video of her wearing it.

@tsavorite  -  I think PinkMochi is refering to Amy wearing the Haston TSV .  Amy was wearing the camel sweater and we'd also been talking about the Halston sweater. 

Are you getting the Barefoot Dreams TSV?  I just received the cocoa/sand today and love the color.  I still love the black/graphite and really am looking at the loden/carbon color too.  I also like the indigo/stone.  Don't laugh, I may have a Barefoot Dreams addiction!Woman Very Happy 

Respected Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl, @pinkmochi  -  The Barefoot Dreams TSV has arrived!  I got the heather cocoa/sand and I bought the medium.  I'm usually a 6/8 on top, but an 8 on bottom.  Since they didn't post the size chart, and I have the first TSV they offered, I based the size on that; medium is a size 8.   The shoulders hit at the right part, not hanging off my shoulder, but under the arm is a little full (not voluminous) but I have really thin arms.  I may have been able to go with the small, but wasn't sure.  The side slits hit at the perfect part at the side of my leg.  I think if I'd have gone to a small, the slits would have been gravitating toward the back of my leg, which would look bad.  I'm 5'4" and the sweater touches just above my knee.  The cocoa/sand is a really beautiful color.  I tried it on with a long sleeve tee, skinny jeans, and brown Frye riding boots.  I thought it looked great.  Going back for the black/graphite. 

@IlliniGirl88  Thank you for your review.  Based on what you said, I'm glad I ordered size large.  I'm 10/12 on top and 8/10 on bottom and I don't have thin arms.  I'm glad you like it and I'm looking forward to receiving mine.

Super Contributor

I received my loden in size small. The color is more grey but I really like it. I am probably going to exchage for an extra small as I felt it was a bit large. I am a size 4-6 . I bought the sand last year and wore it so much it is showing wear so I only use it at home now. Its been washed a good bit. This one seems larger than the one last year although I like the cut.I have a good bit of black and this will go as a good neutral. I like the two tone. I was tempted by another sand but I need to stay within budget. 

Floral Pillow
Respected Contributor

@RhondaRena wrote:

I received my loden in size small. The color is more grey but I really like it. I am probably going to exchage for an extra small as I felt it was a bit large. I am a size 4-6 . I bought the sand last year and wore it so much it is showing wear so I only use it at home now. Its been washed a good bit. This one seems larger than the one last year although I like the cut.I have a good bit of black and this will go as a good neutral. I like the two tone. I was tempted by another sand but I need to stay within budget. 

@RhondaRena  -  Thanks for posting.  I don't have any BD in the loden and was curious if you see any green at all in the cardigan?  If you didn't know the color name, would you think it was a grey sweater?  I know color is subjective, but love hearing others' opinions.  Thanks!

Super Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@RhondaRena wrote:

@RhondaRena  -  Thanks for posting.  I don't have any BD in the loden and was curious if you see any green at all in the cardigan?  If you didn't know the color name, would you think it was a grey sweater?  I know color is subjective, but love hearing others' opinions.  Thanks!

Its a nice neutral. But there is only a faint hint of green. I know that may not help but I tried it on again before I packaged it up and it definitly runs large. 

Floral Pillow
Trusted Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

@pinkmochi@Chi-town girl  -  So happy to hear you received the cardigan!  Mine is to arrive today, so excited.  I'm hoping it's not too big, I went by a previous style cardigan I have of theirs, so keeping my fingers crossed.  I know your mom is going to love it!  Do you like the color?  Didn't you get the indigo heather?  Best wishes to your mom and hope her treatments go well!Heart

@IlliniGirl88 @Chi-town girl I gave the indigo heather cardigan to my mom yesterday, and she loved it! She's a medium, I ordered the medium, and it fit her perfectly. She's only 5'0", but it wasn't overwhelming on her. It's over 100 degrees here, but she had the AC on and barely took it off all evening. She loved how soft it is and that it isn't too heavy and not thick. The color will work well with denim. I also wrote her a card and cried while I was writing it, but she was touched, which made me happy. We have to tell the people we love how we feel about them and not put it off. Smiley Happy Again, thank you for your kind words. Heart

I have a feeling I'm going to have to order the cocoa/sand cardigan for myself. She just looked too comfortable in it.  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi, @Chi-town girl 

@pinkmochi  That is so sweet and I'm so happy your mom loved the sweater!  It really is nice and soft.  Good to know the color is versatile too.  Yes, treat yourself and order the cocoa/sand - I love mine!  I hope your mom's treatments go well.  Sounds like you're giving her lots of love, you're a great daughter.  Take care of yourself too!  Hugs and have a great week!!!Heart

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi  I'm so happy that your mother loved her beautiful new cardigan.  You are so sweet to treat her to something that I know she will enjoy.  I miss those days of buying pretty things for my mother.  Cherish every moment that you have together.