Valued Contributor

Re: QVC Sept Insider Fashion TSV's

[ Edited ]

Anyone have any info on how the velvet j/slides sneakers  run?  Thanks so much.  They are so cute!

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl I ordered the Barefoot Dreams cardigan for my mom in that navy heather. It'll be nice and comfy for her when she goes to chemo and for wearing around the house. I want to give her something cozy and more extravagant than she would get for herself. Smiley Happy I ordered it yesterday, and it already says that I should expect it on Thursday! I'm in California, and everything from QVC takes forever to get here, but not this time! (crossing fingers)

I'll let you know how it fits her. I decided to just give it to her now instead of waiting for Christmas. Smiley Happy Thanks again for your help!

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl I ordered the Barefoot Dreams cardigan for my mom in that navy heather. It'll be nice and comfy for her when she goes to chemo and for wearing around the house. I want to give her something cozy and more extravagant than she would get for herself. Smiley Happy I ordered it yesterday, and it already says that I should expect it on Thursday! I'm in California, and everything from QVC takes forever to get here, but not this time! (crossing fingers)

I'll let you know how it fits her. I decided to just give it to her now instead of waiting for Christmas. Smiley Happy Thanks again for your help!

@pinkmochi  -  You're a sweet daughter for getting her this!  I hope she does well with chemo.  She will love the Barefoot Dreams cardi, it's like getting a hug - such soft fabric.  I preordered in the cocoa/sand and mine will arrive this week.  I'm interested in how you like the navy heather, I like that color too! 

Trusted Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

@pinkmochi  -  You're a sweet daughter for getting her this!  I hope she does well with chemo.  She will love the Barefoot Dreams cardi, it's like getting a hug - such soft fabric.  I preordered in the cocoa/sand and mine will arrive this week.  I'm interested in how you like the navy heather, I like that color too! 

@IlliniGirl88 Thank you for your kind words. Heart

I wanted to get the sand for myself but couldn't justify the cost since I have 3 of Giuliana's boyfriend cardigans and one of LR's dusters. Do I really need another long cardi? Yes, I do, but I'm trying to be good! Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl  -  I'm interested in Halston's TSV, but unsure of sizing.  I looked at the size guide (actual measurements), but I'm still not sure.  Does this line run big or small?  This sweater is the same content as Isaac's boyfriend cardigan, which I wear a small.  Do you think I should go with that or an XS?  I don't like sweaters to grab around my hips and thighs, but I don't want to swim in it either.  Opinions appreciated!

@IlliniGirl88 - I usually wear a small in IM & wear the same size in Halston.

Looking at the garment measurements + it is semi-fitted, I could size down to xs but I don't want it to cling.  I think you should probably order small. I really like the front facing seam & slit design, very flattering! 

@Chi-town girl  -  Thanks, I was leaning towards the small for the very reason you mentioned.  I could fit into the XS size, but I just don't want it to cling.  I'm a 36B, but I don't think the 39" bust in the Small will be too overwhelming. 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

Does anyone know who will be the host for the Halston TSV midnight launch show?

@Chi-town girl  -  Does Cameron not do the midnight launch?  A lady (don't know her name) also helps him too, I think, maybe she'll do it. 

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

I wanted to get the sand for myself but couldn't justify the cost since I have 3 of Giuliana's boyfriend cardigans and one of LR's dusters. Do I really need another long cardi? Yes, I do, but I'm trying to be good! Woman Very Happy

@pinkmochi  -  Heart 

Yes, you need another Barefoot Dreams cardigan.Woman LOL  I know I shouldn't try to talk you into it, I want to get another one too, but I'm also trying to be good.  I love to buy fall clothing, and I need to pace myself! 

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl  -  I preordered the Barefoot Dreams TSV in the cocoa/sand.  It's shipped and it should arrive next week.  I'll let you know how I like it.  I have quite a few BD items and love this style.  I do like some of the other colors and the price is very good! 

Did you see Isaac's velvet sneaker he has in the Insider?  It's not a TSV, but looks cute.

I love my Spanx camo leggings, not sure about the leather looking ones.  I'll probably pass on those. 

You can find velvet sneakers in some stores now, 

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@pinkmochi - oh, I agree with @IlliniGirl88, you are a thoughtful daughter Heart sometimes it's the little things like a cozy cardi or blanket or socks... coming from you, she will know you have your arms wrapped around her!

I hope her treatment goes well & there is a successful outcome Heart

Please post your impression/review when you receive it! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

@pinkmochi  -  Heart 

Yes, you need another Barefoot Dreams cardigan.Woman LOL  I know I shouldn't try to talk you into it, I want to get another one too, but I'm also trying to be good.  I love to buy fall clothing, and I need to pace myself! 

@pinkmochi of course, you will try it on and want one too! The fabric is so soft & cozy. The colors are pretty.  My fav is the cocoa

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri