Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Sept Insider Fashion TSV's

@Chi-town girl, @pinkmochi  -  The Halston TSV sweater finally arrived today.  I ordered the small in the olive and it's PERFECT!  Thank you @Chi-town girl for sizing help.  The small is relaxed just the right amount and will be great with my Spanx camo leggings.  I definately will go back for the black and maybe burgandy.  

@Chi-town girl  -  I preordered the Spanx leather leggings in black.  They finally got the preorder page up and running and last time I looked, they had all the colors.  Did you preorder, if so, which color/s?  I'm still thinking about the wine, not sure about the bronze metal.  I don't want it too metallic looking.  Opinions welcomed.

Trusted Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 I'm glad that you like it! Mine took forever to ship, so it's still on its way. I also got the olive and camel. I'm curious how it'll fit on me, but I hope I'm as happy as you are. Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl @IlliniGirl88 My mom's Barefoot Dreams cardigan arrived today. The fabric is really soft!!! I didn't unfold it, but I'm going to give it to her this weekend and see how it fits on her before I order mine. Woman Tongue

@pinkmochi@Chi-town girl  -  So happy to hear you received the cardigan!  Mine is to arrive today, so excited.  I'm hoping it's not too big, I went by a previous style cardigan I have of theirs, so keeping my fingers crossed.  I know your mom is going to love it!  Do you like the color?  Didn't you get the indigo heather?  Best wishes to your mom and hope her treatments go well!Heart

@IlliniGirl88 @Chi-town girl I gave the indigo heather cardigan to my mom yesterday, and she loved it! She's a medium, I ordered the medium, and it fit her perfectly. She's only 5'0", but it wasn't overwhelming on her. It's over 100 degrees here, but she had the AC on and barely took it off all evening. She loved how soft it is and that it isn't too heavy and not thick. The color will work well with denim. I also wrote her a card and cried while I was writing it, but she was touched, which made me happy. We have to tell the people we love how we feel about them and not put it off. Smiley Happy Again, thank you for your kind words. Heart

I have a feeling I'm going to have to order the cocoa/sand cardigan for myself. She just looked too comfortable in it.  Smiley Happy

@pinkmochi - catching up on posts after a very enjoyable vacation. Soooo glad to read your update. Sending you & your mom best wishes Heart Happy to see Q offering more and more BFD, a fabulous brand. I love the cocoa color!

Usually, I need my BFD cardi for the cool nights at Capitola and Carmel coast in northern Cali,  but it's been a crazy heatwave. No need for wraps or blankets this past week. Even Tahoe was on the warm side.

@IlliniGirl88 @Trudey & all - hope you Heart your new BFD cardi's

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl, @pinkmochi  -  The Halston TSV sweater finally arrived today.  I ordered the small in the olive and it's PERFECT!  Thank you @Chi-town girl for sizing help.  The small is relaxed just the right amount and will be great with my Spanx camo leggings.  I definately will go back for the black and maybe burgandy.  

@Chi-town girl  -  I preordered the Spanx leather leggings in black.  They finally got the preorder page up and running and last time I looked, they had all the colors.  Did you preorder, if so, which color/s?  I'm still thinking about the wine, not sure about the bronze metal.  I don't want it too metallic looking.  Opinions welcomed.

@IlliniGirl88 - did you get your Spanx leather leggings? Since the preorder page did not include all of the colors when we were discussing,  I didn't order yet. 

Will check out the order page later. I'm trying to decide on color. Would love to read reviews/suggestions from anyone that preordered TY

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pinkmochi - catching up on posts after a very enjoyable vacation. Soooo glad to read your update. Sending you & your mom best wishes Heart Happy to see Q offering more and more BFD, a fabulous brand. I love the cocoa color!

Usually, I need my BFD cardi for the cool nights at Capitola and Carmel coast in northern Cali,  but it's been a crazy heatwave. No need for wraps or blankets this past week. Even Tahoe was on the warm side.

@Chi-town girl Welcome back! I live in NorCal and used to live in Capitola and Santa Cruz. It's been over 100 for I don't know how long now. I went to a wedding yesterday, and it was 111! It's hard for me to think about cardigans. Smiley Happy Glad that you had a nice vacation!

Honored Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@Chi-town girl Welcome back! I live in NorCal and used to live in Capitola and Santa Cruz. It's been over 100 for I don't know how long now. I went to a wedding yesterday, and it was 111! It's hard for me to think about cardigans. Smiley Happy Glad that you had a nice vacation!

@pinkmochi - we love those beach towns. Capitola is so sweet and the housing/skyline is reminiscent of Italy. We love how Carmel allows dogs everywhere,  in the shops and restaurants.  Met Clint Eastwood years back when he still owned Hogs Breath Inn. 

It was over100 degrees Friday night at the beach, crazy indeed! 

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl  -  I just received the black leather Spanx leggings and they are FABULOUS!!!  I really love them, they look great!  They fit the same as all my other Spanx leggings, true to the size chart.  They have kind of a matte, distressed finish and look really good on your legs.  The finish is subtle, yet different from the regular black leggings.

I'm thinking about another color, but can't decide.  The bronze metallic could be a bit glittery looking, which isn't what I really want, but it's hard to tell from the online picture.  I have a great pair of brown Frye riding boots and not sure if the bronze would be good or not.  The navy is nice, but I think I'm gravitating towards the wine.  I'm not sure yet.  Which colors do you like and how would your style the brown, wine, or blue.  I love hearing others' opinions.

I ordered Isaac's black velvet trainer, I thought they'd be cute with my plain black Spanx leggings.  I'm still thinking about the taupe shoes too.  I bought a pair of navy and wine velvet trainers somewhere else.  They're really cute, they don't have the bow, which is fine.

I wondered where you were, I missed hearing from you!  So happy to hear you had a great vacation!  I need one, BAD!Woman Very Happy  Hope you're having a fun Labor Day.

Respected Contributor

@pinkmochi wrote:

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@pinkmochi-  Are the fires near you?  Stay safe, thinking of you!Heart

@Chi-town girl  -  Did you leave before all the fires broke out?  Glad to hear you had a great vacation, but sad to hear of all the destruction.

Honored Contributor

@IlliniGirl88 wrote:

@Chi-town girl  -  I just received the black leather Spanx leggings and they are FABULOUS!!!  I really love them, they look great!  They fit the same as all my other Spanx leggings, true to the size chart.  They have kind of a matte, distressed finish and look really good on your legs.  The finish is subtle, yet different from the regular black leggings.

I'm thinking about another color, but can't decide.  The bronze metallic could be a bit glittery looking, which isn't what I really want, but it's hard to tell from the online picture.  I have a great pair of brown Frye riding boots and not sure if the bronze would be good or not.  The navy is nice, but I think I'm gravitating towards the wine.  I'm not sure yet.  Which colors do you like and how would your style the brown, wine, or blue.  I love hearing others' opinions.

I ordered Isaac's black velvet trainer, I thought they'd be cute with my plain black Spanx leggings.  I'm still thinking about the taupe shoes too.  I bought a pair of navy and wine velvet trainers somewhere else.  They're really cute, they don't have the bow, which is fine.

I wondered where you were, I missed hearing from you!  So happy to hear you had a great vacation!  I need one, BAD!Woman Very Happy  Hope you're having a fun Labor Day.

@IlliniGirl88 - thx so much for the reviews!  Glad to read your positive review of the Spanx leggings. Black is a given. I was thinking about the bronze, but now that I can see it online, it has too much 'metal' for my taste. I would have loved a darker distressed brown.

The night navy looks like it leans toward a gray tone. Love it. But the wine looks amazing. Nice dark rich wine color.I'm still undecided,  but I've narrowed it down to the navy or wine.

I would wear black boots or shoes with any of the colors. The navy will look great with gray boots. Love how they have the navy styled with a gray sweater and gray puma athletic shoes. I would wear/style navy as I do denim jeans.

Love the velvet shoes! The bow is a nice update, but a plain one would be more versatile.  I like IM's taupe color. I'm going to shop around for velvet shoes and some boots. 

Hope you're enjoying a day off. It's a catch up day for me, laundry etc but I'm glad to get a chance to watch US open tennis!