Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC Presenters - Please discuss the fit

Thank you @NYCLatinaMe 

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@eddyandme 

Actually, the bust and hip measurements would be much more useful than their height!

If they say a model is 5'8" wearing a small and the pants look they were painted on - it would be nice to know what her hips measure compared to garment measurements.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------

@eddyandme wrote:

Imho it would be most beneficial if the hosts/models gave the size they are wearing as opposed to their normal 'Q' size.  That would help me evaluate how the garment runs.

Perhaps QVC just wants to support an enormous returns department, along with whatever other employees may be needed for the additional work involved.....Woman Frustrated

I wasn't thinking height @ALRATIBA , but that would help too!  I just like to know if they've gone up/down a size and how it's fitting them.  Also imo coats/jackets should also be shown closed.  But it doesn't matter as they haven't changed their presentations even though many shoppers request it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Pecky, you 'blah, blah,' comment it totally right on!  

Just wanted to add on Sat had QVC on for sound.  Suddenly heard IM politely call out the host.  So I ran over and checked the TV.  I saw this host sitting on the studio floor!! Looked to see what they were selling - lace pants!!!  Yes the host was rolling around in lace pants while presenting IM's lace pants for sale!!!!!  Kinda good - got my attention - don't know what else they sold in that show, but I remember those lace pants.Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@eddyandme 

Actually, the bust and hip measurements would be much more useful than their height!

If they say a model is 5'8" wearing a small and the pants look they were painted on - it would be nice to know what her hips measure compared to garment measurements.  

@eddyandme wrote:

Imho it would be most beneficial if the hosts/models gave the size they are wearing as opposed to their normal 'Q' size.  That would help me evaluate how the garment runs.

Perhaps QVC just wants to support an enormous returns department, along with whatever other employees may be needed for the additional work involved.....Woman Frustrated

@ALRATIBA 

It takes a lot of chutzpah to announce your height and WEIGHT as Shawn has taken to doing lately but she also states she's in the smallest size offered?!!!

At 3.5" inches shorter and 30 lbs less does it mean that I and those like me can't shop?? I don't find that to be the case but it sure makes me hesitant when she's presenting!

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@eddyandme 

@eddyandme wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

It takes a lot of chutzpah to announce your height and WEIGHT as Shawn has taken to doing lately but she also states she's in the smallest size offered?!!!

At 3.5" inches shorter and 30 lbs less does it mean that I and those like me can't shop?? I don't find that to be the case but it sure makes me hesitant when she's presenting!

I was watching when a host said what she weighed and her height. She said she was wearing a zero in the NYDJ. I weigh the same and same height and am a size 8 in regular sized clothing. I don't think I could even zip/button a size 2. 

But it does me no good to say MaShonda is 5'8' and is in a size large and I'm 5'2' and wear a size zero. 

The main reason I return clothing is the fit.

Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@eddyandme 

@eddyandme wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I was watching when a host said what she weighed and her height. She said she was wearing a zero in the NYDJ. I weigh the same and same height and am a size 8 in regular sized clothing. I don't think I could even zip/button a size 2. 

But it does me no good to say MaShonda is 5'8' and is in a size large and I'm 5'2' and wear a size zero. 

The main reason I return clothing is the fit.

@granddi 

That's what we're talking about! The fit! You don't find it confusing when you're considering a purchase and someone with the same stats as yourself regularly wears a 2?! And I am taking into consideration how one carries their weight differently but more than one or two sizes seems highly unlikely to me regardless 

Esteemed Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe- It would nice if a significant amount of time would be spent on the actual garment being presented.

Much time is spent bantering with vendor.  One host spent of the time praising the vendor and vice versa- then sped through the colors and laundering instructions like the Road Runner.