Respected Contributor

Re: QVC - NO MORE TRENDY CLOTHES!!! MORE CLASSIC CLOTHING STYLES!!!

I hate classic styles.  Everyone is different.

Trusted Contributor

I am so tired of tunic tops.... They do not look good on everyone.  I am tall but I still hate them.   Sick of bell sleeves and high low hems.   Bring back mid hip sweaters with crew necklines that keep their shape.    And let's not forget the ridiculous thumb holes on some shirts.   What is their purpose??   Skinny jeans.. go away.    I love the look of wide leg pants with a short top.   Not for everyday but is a stunning look in my opinion anyway.   For everyday I love straight leg pants, crew sweaters or button tops...  I'll keep looking.

Honored Contributor

For more classic clothing try Nordstrom, Ann Taylor, J. Crew, Talbots and then to add a little trendy Anthropolgie.  

Honored Contributor

You want to dress like a lawyer from the 1980's ????

Trusted Contributor

@chrystaltree  Dressing like a lawyer is a far cry from dressing in classic clothing.   I usually agree with your curt upfront comments but not in this case.   And for what it's worth I'd rather  dress like a lawyer than a bag lady.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd like to know why Gary Goben decided we wanted winter clothing adorned with huge cabbage roses.  I noticed Susan Graver was peddling one yesterday.  I can't imagine anything less appealing.  Not only are they unseasonal but big prints make the wearer look BIG.

I'm wondering if D&C is selling poorly?  Yesterday Gary made numerous short appearances including one at night to try to sell the line.  He usually doesn't do that.  I've never seen him on a night before.

@Kachina624  Before Christmas, Gary and Carolyn announced that Gary would be on air much more in 2019, in almost every D&C show. 

@Caaareful Shopper.  I guess somebody decided he's not so much a designer as he is a show host.  He's the victim of his own success.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

I agree! I like a classic look also.

Would enjoy having more choices for tailored clothing.

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

I'd like to know why Gary Goben decided we wanted winter clothing adorned with huge cabbage roses.  I noticed Susan Graver was peddling one yesterday.  I can't imagine anything less appealing.  Not only are they unseasonal but big prints make the wearer look BIG.

I'm wondering if D&C is selling poorly?  Yesterday Gary made numerous short appearances including one at night to try to sell the line.  He usually doesn't do that.  I've never seen him on a night before.

@Kachina624  Before Christmas, Gary and Carolyn announced that Gary would be on air much more in 2019, in almost every D&C show. 

@Caaareful Shopper.  I guess somebody decided he's not so much a designer as he is a show host.  He's the victim of his own success.

I just think they have found that, contrary to many of the opinions expressed here when he started appearing, he adds value to the presentations. In addition, I think he’s a pretty warm and likable guy. In other words, his appearances translate to increased sales. Not sure how that makes him a victim. 

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

For more classic clothing try Nordstrom, Ann Taylor, J. Crew, Talbots and then to add a little trendy Anthropolgie.  

I concur. If you want truly classic clothing QVC isn't necessarily going to be your go to.

Sometimes Linea has something well made but the past year that has been hit or miss.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think the more variety the better! I like trendy, but the price point should match accordingly. If it is disposable clothing price it as such. Higher quality like Linea or Joan Rivers essentials should be priced according to their quality, lasting longevity and fabrication meaning it could be a higher price point, but the cost per wear will be less over time.  They will not rip me off on a $75 brushed back sweatshirt made in a foreign country by people who barely can afford to put food on the table just because you slapped your “designer” name on it.  That is just my opinion.