Super Contributor

Re: QVC May have known Rivers best

I'm so glad I saw her last appearance on QVC and enjoyed her as I usually do. I'm so sad that she has passed away and there is now a huge hole in the QVC family. From all of the hosts' remarks (not scripted that I could tell), she was a friend to all and they are missing her terribly.

Regular Contributor

On 9/6/2014 stevieb said:

I suspect, OP, that you're right and that those who watched her over the years on QVC got more glimmers of the 'real' Joan than those whose exposure to her was more limited. I only wish I'd watched longer and more often. I have always enjoyed Joan Rivers, regardless of the venue. I never felt she grew stale or over-reached and was rocked more than I ever anticipated at the news of her death. I think many of us will miss her terribly. At a time, too, when QVC seems to be stumbling and seeker firmer ground, one can only surmise that her loss, on both personal and business levels, is immense.

I've been reading these threads for both comfort and information. I had to quickly post my agreement with these sentiments. I am not a person to follow or obsess over celebrities, and I can't remember feeling this badly (for someone I didn't know personally) since Princess Diana died. I cried today seeing the pictures of Melissa and the casket.

Joan triumphed over so much in her life and it's heartbreaking that she couldn't triumph over whatever happened at that clinic.{#emotions_dlg.crying}

I agree the loss for QVC will be immense and hope they put a true memorial show together honoring her. They certainly have enough funny/touching Q footage to put on a good one.

Honored Contributor

Does anyone know if Kathy Levine has spoken about Joan's passing? I truly think the Joan/Kathy combo was some of the best live programming we have seen on TV. They were funny (and sometimes went a little too far), but I learned so much, and laughed so hard, during those shows.

Frequent Contributor

I enjoyed watching Joan Rivers and remember the shows with her and Kathy Levine. They both so enjoyed being together. Joan took the time to explain every piece of clothing or jewelry and I felt she enjoyed being on QVC. I purchased her black and white trench jacket and love it. Joan, you will be missed.

Respected Contributor

AuntG, I've thought of Kathy, too. It seemed like she and Joan became friends, and I wonder if they kept in touch after Kathy left. Kathy has a fb page, but I can't view it, it require fb membership.
Super Contributor

The more I read about Joan, the more I wish I could have known her. She had a good heart and genuinely liked people. She was not only talented, but a smart business woman. I especially loved the video of her without any make up talking to Melissa. It's just so sad.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/5/2014 The Bird said:

Yes, OP, very well stated.

It's tough seeing the clips of Joan on Q today, knowing she is gone. The whole screen lighted up with her, and now, how can that vibrant life be gone? In my very soul I don't want to accept it. - Bird

...OK, now, a laugh - I was hoping Q would include the clip of Rick lip kissing her and they did. Shocking and funny, it was. (There, Joan, I'm trying!)

I have to say that those clips of Joan made me cry a little that she's gone and smile because darn she was so funny, too. I thought it was great that they included that clip of Joan and Rick - priceless and Joan would have loved it.

Super Contributor

On 9/6/2014 AuntG said:

Does anyone know if Kathy Levine has spoken about Joan's passing? I truly think the Joan/Kathy combo was some of the best live programming we have seen on TV. They were funny (and sometimes went a little too far), but I learned so much, and laughed so hard, during those shows.

I just looked at Kathy's Facebook page and she hadn't posted anything since the end of July

Esteemed Contributor

In one of the other threads, there was a long posting from Kathy about Joan.

Super Contributor

On 9/6/2014 GinaV24 said:

In one of the other threads, there was a long posting from Kathy about Joan.

Must be from somewhere else because it's not on her Facebook page