Honored Contributor

Re: QVC May have known Rivers best

Nice post! It is so sad to hear Joan has passed away.....just so hard to understand..like losing Jeanne Bice too. QVC has lost two good ladies. I enjoyed watching both and purchased from both. I felt they both had quality merchandise. And, they were both very caring. I feel so bad for Melissa and Cooper to have lost such a special person this way. Joan recently posted a blog about taking Cooper to Italy this summer. She loved that boy and I think he adored her too.
Trusted Contributor

Has QVC stopped having the hosts say things about Joan? Carolyn has not really said anything, except when Kathleen Kirkwood brought it up. Sad.

Honored Contributor

Very well stated. Thank you.

Super Contributor

Yes, OP, very well stated.

It's tough seeing the clips of Joan on Q today, knowing she is gone. The whole screen lighted up with her, and now, how can that vibrant life be gone? In my very soul I don't want to accept it. - Bird

...OK, now, a laugh - I was hoping Q would include the clip of Rick lip kissing her and they did. Shocking and funny, it was. (There, Joan, I'm trying!)

Super Contributor

Awwww, so well said Blkynshopper!! Thank you The Bird, for a funny respite to the sorrow. I can't remember being so mournful for someone outside my family and loved ones....I truly admired her vivaciousness, intellect, generosity of spirit and most of all her heart!
Super Contributor

Very nicely put. I agree. QVC viewers saw the real Joan.

Lisa spoke briefly about Joan tonight and they showed a short clip, but I would like to see QVC do an hour long tribute. If they are worried about losing money, they shouldn't. Her sales will probably increase.

Joan's funeral is Sunday. I wonder if any QVCers will attend. I'm reading there is going to be a red carpet. I hope Joan goes out in style. Already miss her so much!

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Bibliophile said:

Thank you, Bklynshopper, for being so articulate in expressing what Joan meant to us, the QVC shoppers. She was the brightest spot to the world: always positive, of course supremely funny, and with the biggest heart. Thank you, Joan, for sharing yourself with us all these years.

Condolences to David, Melissa and Cooper, as well as Denis Basso, Joan's other friends and the entire QVC family.

It didn't surprise me at all that Melissa had Joan covered with a Dennis Basso white faux fur throw in her hospital bed!

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, I was thinking this while watching the 20/20 interview last night and QVC mentioned, but none of the millions of people blogging about her death on the QVC forum and feeling so sad and how much we loved and respected her as a person, not just a celebrity.

Well said, again thank you

Honored Contributor

I think you've brilliantly analyzed what is and was. Thank you for adding your insight.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree! My mother and I used to watch Joan, she's gone now and Joan brought back happy memories with my mom! RIP Joan~{#emotions_dlg.wub}

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West