Occasional Contributor

Re: QVC May have known Rivers best

I am so very sad about losing Joan far too soon.

I haven't heard anything about the man who appeared for her and worked with her on QVC. I am sure they were close and he is mourning as well. My condolences to him and her family and friends. And all of us who will miss her. There is no one else like her!

Honored Contributor

I think that's true. Many people knew her only as Joan Rivers the entertainer and Joan Rivers the host of Red Carpet shows and Fashion Police; QVC customers also knew Joan Rivers the woman and Joan Rivers the entrepeneur. She's been put to rest now; it's time for the public memorializing to end.

Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Bklynshopper said:

While watching all the well-deserved tributes to Joan Rivers, I wondered if QVC shoppers might have known her best. We'd see her almost weekly, not just on talk shows or the few that caught her night club acts. Her vitality and intelligence Wow! She educated her audience about her products and shared what she'd learned during her world travels and personal collections. We knew she was a woman of integrity who would not put her name on anything she couldn't be proud of. It's all reflected in her clothing and jewelry lines. She respected us the QVC purchasers. Yes, she captivated us with her humor and self-deprecating antics, but despite her diminutive stature, we looked up to her. Whoever brought Joan Rivers to QVC was a genius. My condolences to all those at QVC who feel that they've lost a friend. Please let her family know that QVC shoppers mourn her, too. And thank you, QVC.

Oh I agree with you. Joan was selling of course but there were many unguarded moments on QVC and spontaneous stories and remarks so yeah I think we saw the real Joan on QVC. And she was in our living rooms sometimes weekly even when it was just to sell her hair product it was like a friend stopping in for a few minutes. It was great and she was great. Her loss runs deep. Loved her
Respected Contributor

Totally agree with OP...had been thinking similarly since Joan's passing...It was on Q I felt I "got to know" Joan and that she was down to earth here. ..and of course funny as ever. Also so great the stories from Q people and the tributes here...whole other impressions and "persona" than the one celebrated from Fashion Police, in standup circles, on E! etc....though everyone said similar things about her being so loved, and kind to everyone etc. Just found this on YouTube with Kathy Levine from the old days before I watched...how cute was Joan. ..and yes...funny and quick as ever. Smiley Sad Gone much much too soon. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=o3q5zlxAHY0
Respected Contributor

On 9/8/2014 blossompie said:

While watching all the well-deserved tributes to Joan Rivers, I wondered if QVC shoppers might have known her best. We'd see her almost weekly, not just on talk shows or the few that caught her night club acts. Her vitality and intelligence Wow! She educated her audience about her products and shared what she'd learned during her world travels and personal collections. We knew she was a woman of integrity who would not put her name on anything she couldn't be proud of. It's all reflected in her clothing and jewelry lines. She respected us the QVC purchasers. Yes, she captivated us with her humor and self-deprecating antics, but despite her diminutive stature, we looked up to her. Whoever brought Joan Rivers to QVC was a genius. My condolences to all those at QVC who feel that they've lost a friend. Please let her family know that QVC shoppers mourn her, too. And thank you, QVC.

Oh I agree with you. Joan was selling of course but there were many unguarded moments on QVC and spontaneous stories and remarks so yeah I think we saw the real Joan on QVC. And she was in our living rooms sometimes weekly even when it was just to sell her hair product it was like a friend stopping in for a few minutes. It was great and she was great. Her loss runs deep. Loved her
Yes blossom..her loss sure does run deep. It was like a friend stopping by to shop with us. I still cannot believe she won't be back. I'm not like this over celebrity deaths ever. I cried several times over Joan, like she was a friend. So I guess that is the way it is on Q...and of course that is part of what they capitalize on...the fact that shopping in your living-room gets to be "intimate" and "friendly", and hosts and vendors feel familiar and people we trust and "shop with." Won't ever be the same without Joan.
Super Contributor

On 9/12/2014 amyb said:
On 9/8/2014 blossompie said:

Yes blossom..her loss sure does run deep. It was like a friend stopping by to shop with us. I still cannot believe she won't be back. I'm not like this over celebrity deaths ever. I cried several times over Joan, like she was a friend. So I guess that is the way it is on Q...and of course that is part of what they capitalize on...the fact that shopping in your living-room gets to be "intimate" and "friendly", and hosts and vendors feel familiar and people we trust and "shop with." Won't ever be the same without Joan.
Oh me too. I adored many celebrities and always sad when somebody I liked passed but with Joan it hit me hard. I'm watching the E special now and I can't believe that wonderful spirit is gone. I know a few ppl on here keep saying she was 81 and so on but she had more energy then most half her age. It's still devastating