Not applicable

QVC May have known Rivers best

While watching all the well-deserved tributes to Joan Rivers, I wondered if QVC shoppers might have known her best. We'd see her almost weekly, not just on talk shows or the few that caught her night club acts. Her vitality and intelligence Wow! She educated her audience about her products and shared what she'd learned during her world travels and personal collections. We knew she was a woman of integrity who would not put her name on anything she couldn't be proud of. It's all reflected in her clothing and jewelry lines. She respected us the QVC purchasers. Yes, she captivated us with her humor and self-deprecating antics, but despite her diminutive stature, we looked up to her. Whoever brought Joan Rivers to QVC was a genius. My condolences to all those at QVC who feel that they've lost a friend. Please let her family know that QVC shoppers mourn her, too. And thank you, QVC.

Frequent Contributor

Re: QVC May have known Rivers best

Well said!

Contributor

Thank you! I agree, she was like family and talked about everything not just fashion. I loved how she knew every detail of every item that she put her name on. I watched every time she was on just to hear her amazing stories and her inspiration behind her beautiful jewelry. She will be missed but was such a great example of a hard working woman who loved every second of her life.

Valued Contributor

Very nicely stated!

Trusted Contributor

It is touching to hear the tributes directed at Joan's personality, character, wit, and intellect. She was a true business person with a heart. It is also nice to see most of the hosts wearing black in memory of Joan. Even Albany wore black leopards for her Pilates show. I understand the new ones not knowing her. Some of the vendors like Maria McCool and Liam followed suit. You can tell the hosts with class and heart.

Respected Contributor

Have to agree with you the QVC viewers and the employee's at the Q really got to know her best. All who have posted about their relationship with Joan all said how caring and thoughtful she was with them and she shared their good times and their heart aches. I am sure they are all upset as the viewers who liked her are.

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

Thank you, Bklynshopper, for being so articulate in expressing what Joan meant to us, the QVC shoppers. She was the brightest spot to the world: always positive, of course supremely funny, and with the biggest heart. Thank you, Joan, for sharing yourself with us all these years.

Condolences to David, Melissa and Cooper, as well as Denis Basso, Joan's other friends and the entire QVC family.

Trusted Contributor

Q will positively will not be the same. Joan and Ms. Levine are the only reason I started shopping and watching years ago. Nobody can take Joan's place. Q is beyond repairable. There is a missing personality factor. David D. Or Melissa R. do not have Joan's style. The future does not look good for Q. I miss Joan already.

Super Contributor

On 9/5/2014 ritasNo1Fan said:

Q will positively will not be the same. Joan and Ms. Levine are the only reason I started shopping and watching years ago. Nobody can take Joan's place. Q is beyond repairable. There is a missing personality factor. David D. Or Melissa R. do not have Joan's style. The future does not look good for Q.

That's not what the bee said...

Esteemed Contributor

Joan may have brought herself to QVC originally. Would not put it past her. She was the very first celebrity vendor on the Q, and maybe the first among all home shopping channels.