Honored Contributor

Re: QVC Just posted the saddest thing....Jac Del Olio has passed away.

So very sad.  May she rest in peace.  Condolences to Louis.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@Mint2 wrote:

I agree Jac was a lovely woman and I pray for strength for Louis to go on.  I know several people who after being diagnosed with cancer in one area of the body had it spread to the lungs. I wonder if this might have been the case with Jac.

@Mint2

When cancer from another part of the body spreads to the lungs, it isn't "lung cancer."  It is still the original type of cancer- breast cancer, for example, or melanoma.  Jac's cancer was lung cancer, which apparently runs in her family. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Squirrel Lover. And all others.  Please read Louis' blog.    He has shared some very personal beautiful memories with all of us, including a little history of Jsc's early career.  He also said he has a show on Jan 31 at 1 AM.  I will be watching.

Honored Contributor

I had read that he didn't want it discussed here, but it's ok now? I would never want to do that if it was hurtful to him.

I'm so sorry for the loss of his beautiful wife.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Louis is pouring out his heart on his blog and is comforted by the condolences written there.  So I don’t know why comments would be forbidden on this board. Same sentiments.

Esteemed Contributor

So sorry to read this. Sad for all who will miss her dearly.

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

Yes this was posted well over a month ago here and we were told we could not discuss anything about it to respect Louis and his privacy.... It is hard to believe such a beautiful and vibrant woman is gone.  I worry about Louis never coming back from this  huge loss in his life.... I hope he is able to find the strength to go on.

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I had read that he didn't want it discussed here, but it's ok now? I would never want to do that if it was hurtful to him.

I'm so sorry for the loss of his beautiful wife.

@Greeneyedlady21.  QVC posted this yesterday on their Facebook page. I'm sure it was coordinated with LDO. He has upcoming shows so it's best to have in the open before he comes to QVC. 
Seems like mostly condolences are being offered.

Esteemed Contributor

What a wonderful love they shared.  I didn't really follow all his shows, but now and again, I would see Jac modeling.

She was a beautiful.

The words he wrote about her, the stories and places he described brought me to tears.

How lucky they were to have found each other and shared so much.

I do hope he can find peace and happiness in the coming days.  

Esteemed Contributor

@fthunt

My best friend Brenda died 2 yrs ago from stage 4 lung cancer. She never smoked, rarely drank, etc. She had the gene - which ran in her father's family.