Respected Contributor

Re: QVC, I do know how to wear clothes, thank you very much

I feel that they  don't do it nearly enough, but I'm not watching all that much anymore. I wish they would talk about the way they think it should fit,and how to size in order to achieve the right fit. Then demonstrate on the various models/body types. I have found that looking at the actual size chart has only been sporadically correct ... one of the reasons (combined with return shipping cost) that I rarely shop for clothing here at the Q ,anymore. This is a drastic change for me, because over the years I purchased quite a few clothing items. I'm currently sticking to B&M stores because of this problem, or until something gives. Some places have free returns, and others have B&M local stores where  I can return. 

Valued Contributor

I agree with you!  Also...when pants are sold, I want to see the BACK!  Pockets and a rear view are important, and they spend all the time on the front.

Valued Contributor

I don't mind the fact that they give suggestions.  I mean really how much can you talk about a cute little sweatshirt.  I ordered two of these, I think it was a TSV?  Haven't received them yet, but I am having fun ordering clothing items lately because I have lost over 30 pounds now and I am in smaller sizes.  Yeah!!! 

So let the poor hosts come up with whatever they can to fill the time they have allotted for the items.  I think part of the problem is that they have too much time on simple items that don't take much explanation.  

Frequent Contributor

Another helpful tip: You can pair it with other items in your wardrobe.

Spoiler

Woman Surprised

Honored Contributor

I'm just tired of seeing the hosts and models squeezed into clothing that's obviously a size too small.   

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

You can wear a skort and the bad boys cannot look up your skirt when you take the escalator, or cover it all with poncho, or a cardigan that is summer weight, or a scarf and statement necklace. Oh yes, layer a camisole , tank , and a jean jacket. Just be sure you spend alot of $$s.Smiley Wink every item is less than $50. on sale for $48.50!

It is a shopping channel and they want us to buy.

Honored Contributor

Well... I guess it gives them something to say to fill the air time.  Personally, I would prefer they stick to colors and details first.  After that I don't care what they say, but I don't really need to be told how to wear something. 

Trusted Contributor

Maybe they think we are kids and don't know how to dress. Remember when you told your children put your jacket on its cool out. I feel sometimes the hosts and vendors do this.
Esteemed Contributor

laughing so hard as I read these!
Esteemed Contributor

they need to talk more about the fit IMO, not just "it skims over the hips" blah blah, how about actual measurements so I don't have to go online to check before I order. The "once you know your QVC size it will always fit" is NOT correct.