Trusted Contributor

QVC HOW Do YOU SEND OUT A RETURNED GILI TOTE WITH

the tassel missing, no sleeper bag, a big scratch on the front, no plastic coverings and the bag just thrown in the box? Oh, And I did not purchase an as is, I paid full price! This was definitely a used return. Shame on them! Even when you clasped the inside, the bag stayed wide open at the top. When I saw the black Gili 2Roma tote in black I called CS and asked if this was a new shipment and was told YES. I told the rep I hope I don't get a return bag and she assured me that QVC NEVER sends out returns. Yeah right, Well a few days later I go to look to see if there were any more and just as I suspected, not only was there no black, there were no colors available and it said this item is no longer available. I immediately called CS and expressed my anger about the lie I was told. Needless to say, it's going back and they are sending USPS to pick it up. I really hoped it would be perfect because I love this bag Where is QUALITY CONTROL and who are these people working in these warehouses?
Super Contributor

Re: QVC HOW Do YOU SEND OUT A RETURNED GILI TOTE WITH

No quality at Qvc as in the old days. Look to other companies now.
Trusted Contributor

You're not kidding. I've been a customer since day one and I've never seen a company go downhill in the past couple of years as they have. I have cut down on my spending with them dramatically. The prices are much too high now for the quality. Maybe these vendors and QVC should start looking into having products made right here in America, but unfortunately it is greed and all about the almighty dollar.
Respected Contributor

What a disgrace{#emotions_dlg.scared}{#emotions_dlg.mad}!!!! You absolutely NEED to take a photo and include it w/ a letter to he CEO-I would also follow up w/ a personal phone call. Can you imagine if the news or 20/20 revealed the kind of cra* that QVC is pulling!

I have never purchased a bag from QVC- I go straight to the Dooney website or to Coach, Kate Spade stores OR, I purchase directly from dept stores. GILI is a generic name.

Super Contributor

Make a video, post it on YouTube, and we'll help it go viral. :-)

Esteemed Contributor

I once purchased a new B. Makowski Handbag..... not an "as is" bag. When it arrived it had no wrappings and inside several of the compartments I found candy or candy wrappers the previous owner had left in it. Needless to say, i returned it.

I have drastically cut down on my purchases from QVC. At one time I used to do the majority of my Christmas shopping on QVC. Now if I purchase one or two items for Christmas it is a lot.

I also used to buy quite a bit of 14k or 18k gold. But I haven't purchased any jewelry from QVC in years.

Now I am mostly limited to purchasing WEN and some make-up kits. The value and quality are just no longer there. I can purchase the same items through other websites for the same price or even less. But usually if the Q price is the same as other websites the others do not charge shipping & handling so it just does not make sense to purchase from QVC. QVC's shipping & handling costs are out of control.

I would never buy electronics from QVC. The prices are outrageous and usually for older models. For example, every time the Q sells Apple products I check the Apple Website. The Q is selling older models for ridiculous prices (they try to justify it by including "extras" that are not worth it) plus shipping and handling. Apple does not charge shipping and handling on any order over $100.00. And Apple offers no interest financing so easy pay doesn't justify purchasing from QVC.

Honored Contributor

I hope OP insists on all shipping charges be paid both ways by QVC.....this is no way to treat customers.....it is also a hassle for the customer to have to box up a return and send it back. Obviously quality control is a thing of the past. I have not purchased a handbag from Q since NY Maxx was carried. I would look elsewhere for bags in the future. I don't even look at bags on Q since you can find them for much less other places.

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2014 luvtoshopathome said: You're not kidding. I've been a customer since day one and I've never seen a company go downhill in the past couple of years as they have. I have cut down on my spending with them dramatically. The prices are much too high now for the quality. Maybe these vendors and QVC should start looking into having products made right here in America, but unfortunately it is greed and all about the almighty dollar.

I feel the same way.

Respected Contributor

You should post this on their FB page, they won't see it here.

Trusted Contributor

Unacceptable. However, judging from many of the reviews on GILI bags and their issues, you likely wouldn't have been happy with the bag anyway. Glad they're covering the shipping costs for you.