Trusted Contributor

Re: QVC GIVE MARK ZUNINO MORE TIME!!

On 4/6/2015 stray770 said: Mark Z does very few low end designs for QVC .....he could not fill an hour show. I do love Isaac and IMO, his clothes are the best quality on QVC. Linea is pretty nice too but now his designs are getting monotonous but the quality is good.
I was thinking the very same thing and agree with you on all counts. What has happened to Linea? I have not purchased anything in ages as the designs have lost that edge and flair that used to be typical of this line.
Respected Contributor

On 4/6/2015 Alter Ego said:

As an FYI to the OP - you pretty much only post about Mark Zunino and it makes me wonder if you work for him. I recall you saying you don't ,which may be true, and you are just a fan. But, regardless, the fact that you only post about him makes me wonder (and perhaps others).

It therefore may make Mark look bad that you put down other designers in your posts. Many people like Lori and many people like Isaac. You didn't have to put them down in order to lift him up.

Mark clearly has a busy high end business - for example, he just commented about designing for Beyonce. He may not have the time or the inclination to do any more and take away from his time in California. Could they bring in more from his line? Maybe. But, considering all of the lines Q has dropped, you should probably be happy they still carry his.

There are a lot of shills and plants on these forums. I looked at the history. You are right. Maybe most are. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Esteemed Contributor

I would love to see him do an upscale line for the Q. He is a very talented designer from what I have seen.

Trusted Contributor

On 4/6/2015 Alter Ego said:

As an FYI to the OP - you pretty much only post about Mark Zunino and it makes me wonder if you work for him. I recall you saying you don't ,which may be true, and you are just a fan. But, regardless, the fact that you only post about him makes me wonder (and perhaps others).

It therefore may make Mark look bad that you put down other designers in your posts. Many people like Lori and many people like Isaac. You didn't have to put them down in order to lift him up.

Mark clearly has a busy high end business - for example, he just commented about designing for Beyonce. He may not have the time or the inclination to do any more and take away from his time in California. Could they bring in more from his line? Maybe. But, considering all of the lines Q has dropped, you should probably be happy they still carry his.

Wow, you are so right. Post after post about Mark Zunino. Weird.

Esteemed Contributor

Gee-I could have sworn I saw him on another shopping not too long ago. Can't remember which one, though....
Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 nana59 said: Gee-I could have sworn I saw him on another shopping not too long ago. Can't remember which one, though....

Wasn't Mark Bower, the tall slender one with blonde hair on HSN within the last few weeks?{#emotions_dlg.blink}

Honored Contributor

Well, if Mark Z clothing is low end, Isaac and Lori must be the very end.

Super Contributor

Mark's face sure has changed! I hardly recognized him.
Esteemed Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Jerseygirl1266 said:
On 4/6/2015 stray770 said: Mark Z does very few low end designs for QVC .....he could not fill an hour show. I do love Isaac and IMO, his clothes are the best quality on QVC. Linea is pretty nice too but now his designs are getting monotonous but the quality is good.
I was thinking the very same thing and agree with you on all counts. What has happened to Linea? I have not purchased anything in ages as the designs have lost that edge and flair that used to be typical of this line.
Not to mention that the quality fabrics Linea used to carry are now changed over to polyester and more polyester.
Esteemed Contributor

Yes, I agree...Linea was very feminine in the past...very conservative and high quality fabrics which is why I purchased his clothing. Now, he seems to be designing for a different audience, more trendy or so much of the same item but different colors and different fabrics. I still think his blouses are the best. As far as Mark Z, he prefers couture and it is hard to transition to clothing that everyone can afford. IM has done that successfully. I don't put Lori in the same category. She was known as a stylist and this is her first attempt at design with her own label. But, IM has a long history of design and has expanded to other areas one of which is his committment to making clothing everyone can afford. Mark Z has not made the full transition and has limited offerings.