Honored Contributor

@RollTide2008 wrote:
I don’t have the time nor the patience to go shopping. I don’t care how much cheaper anything might be at Marshall’s or TJ Max. I’m not going shopping for entertainment. I have a demanding job and busy youngsters at home. If I have better things to do that rummage through the sale racks at the mall.

On the other hand, around 8:00 tonight after my family has been fed and I’m ready to wind down with the work I brought home and a glass of wine, I’m going to flip the channel to QVC and see what Lori and Issac and Shawn are talking about tonight. I’m at a point in my life that my wardrobe is mostly complete, but if a Logo top or an Isaac cardigan or a Halston dress or some Doll 10 lipstick grabs my fancy, I’m probably not going to balk at the price while I order in app.

Can I get the something similar for half the price at retail or another web site? I don’t know. I guess. But I don’t care. I’m willing to pay for the convenience this shopping experience brings me.

I think you're definitely part of QVC's target audience along with those who have enough discretionary income they are not concerned with the price.  On the other hand every store has a website these days--no need to go to a b&m store.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I'm not crazy about QVC's prices .... BUT ... 

Full range of sizes in several colors ... something you don't find in stores.

How often you see something you like in the store ... and they don't have your size?

Besides ... lots of other places online with lower prices.  No one forces you to shop at QVC.

So if we shop elsewhere does that help QVC stay in business in the volatile retail world today...

@Spurt

I don't really care if QVC stays in business.  There will always be some place to shop.  

Honored Contributor

I agree that the prices have gotten too high. But more important than the actual price is the fact that there's no VALUE for the price! JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Contributor
I agree the prices have risen to a point that is too much for me. Along with shipping and handling. I returned a item recentely that was on easy pay. My credit card was credited .67. it sort of opened my mind to what I had spent on shipping to try something on that did not work for me. I will not be shopping there. Cost $10 to try something. Sorry QVC
Respected Contributor

Yes, the prices are, but ‘I purchase for quality.  You can’t beat the quality of Susan’s liquid knit.  The tops I’ve purchased will last for years and that includes anything made by Bob Mackie.  His pricing is no different, but the quality is there.   I was walking around Macy’s a while ago, and ‘I did see cheaper prices, but ‘I also saw cheap, thin material.  I much prefer the tops ‘i’ve Purchased from Qvc.  I’m willing to pay their prices because I know that after I wash them the colors never fade, and they come out looking brand new and wrinkle free.  So far, I’ve ordered 4 of Susan’s liquid knit tops and can’t wait to get them. 

Respected Contributor

@dex wrote:

The prices are getting up there everywhere but the one thing most stores do is have great sales....that is something you won’t find at the Q.

Yes, this is the main problem I see with the Q.  (Well, that and the fact that the majority of clothes I try from here just don't work for me!)  Most of the things I have put in my wishlist NEVER go down in price.  They are just sitting there a year later with the same price.  Crazy!

Honored Contributor

@Barb114 wrote:

Clinton Kelly a woven top for $60, LOGO peasant top $89. Really, what do I need TV shopping for these prices? They have gotten completely out of range for the TV shopper

@Barb114

ITA

I don't buy much anymore from QVC.  The prices are way too high.  I hate paying shipping too.  I got some really cute items yesterday from Macys, and they were a fraction of what I'd pay on QVC.  INC top for $19.73. a cute coat for $51.73 and a pair of darling camo jeans for $52 that would be $80 on QVC.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@IMW wrote:

I agree, it is really becoming prohibitive. They are raising prices 10-20% seeing what the market will bear.

Instead of decent prices they keep hawking relentlessly the easy pays and Qcards with up to 9 easy pays. I refuse to use easy pay.

There is nothing easy about payments and debt. 

@IMW I also don't use Easy Pay. If I need to finance a top, I can't afford it. And don't get me started on financing food. Woman Tongue It'd be nice to see real fashion clearance days like HSN rather than Easy Pay days as a special to customers. 

Super Contributor

As far as clothing is concerned at QVC I pick up a few Linea pieces  here and there. I think buying less and wearing what you have is a growing movement. I hate feeling overwhelmed with so many choices. I like a more stramlined wardrobe and fewer better quality.

Prices are going up on material goods. We are getting ready to start a new house and cabinets windows and lumber have shot up over the last couple of years. Being careful and selective with purchasing choices including groceries is important and needs to be planned and thought out.

Floral Pillow
Respected Contributor

QVC prices are too high for what is basically their own store brand stuff with lesser quality than what you'd find in Wal-Mart's own brands.  QVC doesn't know what sale and clearance prices are.  Lol, something will be on a "clearance" price one day and back to regular price the next.  Clearance prices need to be 50%-75% off.  Another problem I see is that they tend to sell the same old, tired merchandise year after year after year.  Lol, might add a new color or two though.