Super Contributor

Re: QVC Fashion Prices - Venting

My daughter in law asked me about QVC fashions because she wanted tops to wear to work.  I immediately sent her 12 shirts in various sizes, and asked her to tell me which sizes fit the best.  But as I was packing them, I noticed the quality difference from 2021 shirts to 2023.  The nes shirts are lighter weight, shapless, and not the same quality as just 2 years ago. They have obviousdly cheapened the garments while raising the price.

Trusted Contributor

@new nickname 4 wrote:

@chrystaltree Really?  What a snotty reply.  Enjoy your ivory tower.

As usual - SO TYPICAL.

Esteemed Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Do you want cheese with that whine.... 😂.    

@chrystaltree 

Why the sarcasm? The discussion is about the poor quality of most of the clothing on QVC.  I am fortunate I can buy what I want but why would I throw money away on poor quality?  

Honored Contributor

Since retiring, I can't buy as much - I can't afford to -- and I don't need work clothes any more.  I do still shop and buy clothing, because I love clothes and I love to shop, but I have to be more choosy and look for good sales and prices.  We used to have a Ross and it closed up.  I found great things there and many people turned their noses up when I said where it came from.  Then, I quit telling them -- their loss!  Also, when I was working, I bought a ton of stuff from Macy's.  Then people would say --- but they are so expensive.  If you went there often, which I did -- they have tremendous sales.  That's how I could afford to buy so much.

As for the Q, yes, the prices have gone up -- just about every place the prices are higher.  I do occasionally buy from here but not nearly as often as I used to.  If a person likes something and can afford it, then by all means, go for it!  

I am not tied to any store or any brand.  I go where I can find the best buys and what suits me.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Prices have gone up every where.  I went to a Cabi party (which I never heard of) but a good friend was having it.  I couldn't believe the prices of their clothing.  There was a pair of jeans I loved but I couldn't justify it for the price.  

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

Hope you're wearing your crown when you board the yacht. Why are you so nasty?  I suspect you are quite unhappy with your life and this is how you compensate. Enjoy your weekend.

Contributor

One thing I try to remember when shopping is how the employees are compensated.  Many of the places offering very low prices do not offer full time hours, health insurance, or sick time.

This may not matter to any of you, but it does to me.

QVC offers a (mostly) living wage, health, vision, and dental insurance, and PTO.

Stores like Walmart actually suck money out of the community, because more employees need Medicaid, SNAP, and other benefits.

I realize that many people have no choice but to shop for the cheapest possible price.  Because I am no longer in that category (not wealthy by any measure, though), I try to be more thoughtful.

Respected Contributor

@RetRN wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Hope you're wearing your crown when you board the yacht. Why are you so nasty?  I suspect you are quite unhappy with your life and this is how you compensate. Enjoy your weekend.

@RetRN , this poster never disappoints.  

Respected Contributor

For me its not about if I can afford it or not, its about spending wisely.  Why overspend when you don't have to?  I would rather spend my money on vacations and doing fun things.  I can also get much better deals elsewhere.

Certain things I buy at QVC because they are better deals, like large sizes of philosophy products and Dr. Denese hydroshield my grown daughters, their friend and I love.

Respected Contributor

@spumoni99 wrote:

For me its not about if I can afford it or not, its about spending wisely.  Why overspend when you don't have to?  I would rather spend my money on vacations and doing fun things.  I can also get much better deals elsewhere.

Certain things I buy at QVC because they are better deals, like large sizes of philosophy products and Dr. Denese hydroshield my grown daughters, their friend and I love.

Yes for sure, like the PTR Retinol in the big bottle, I like to mix in my body lotion and use all over, for sure a better deal on QVC than anywhere else.  That is basically what I do, choose the best deal. I watch for ideas more lately, then shop elsewhere to find it cheaper. We all gotta do what we gotta do, need to save where we can and keep our nest egg growing and not deplete it buying senseless things we really don't need.