Respected Contributor

Re: QVC Fashion Prices - Venting

@Foxxee wrote:

As I see it, income is only one factor.  Paying high prices for low or even mediocre quality and style is another.  

Some upper middle income to wealthy buyers are quite tight and frugal with their money and always looking for bargains.  Why pay those prices when better quality, fit and lower prices can be found elsewhere?

Look at other retailers like Land's End,  Macy's sales.

@Foxxee  I agree, very good point.  I see so many cute things and then they say "weekend offer/bargin" or whatever and it's like 45.00 for a tshirt is a bargin? If they listed it for 19.00 for the weekend offer/bargin it would be more in line, just my opinion of course. 

Honored Contributor

Whenever I see an expensive item here, something I can't afford, and it sells like crazy that makes me feel like I'm a poor person. But I'm not that poor...lol! Maybe it's just that there are a lot of people who got the money to spend. 

Respected Contributor

@KingstonMom wrote:

@SandGirl 

These days I can only buy 'as is'/clearance, we're retired and we all know that SSI doesn't leave much to spare!

Do you really mean SSI?

Honored Contributor

@OKPrincess wrote:

I love Dillard's sales. 💕

I don't know what I'll do if it ever leaves.

@OKPrincess     MY Dillard's WAS TORN DOWN...

in favor of luxury condos...     di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

The Dillards here rarely ever has sales, even the week after Christmas.  I happened to go in on New Years Day once to pay my bill and that was when they had their sale.  I quit shopping there altogether.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't know who QVC's target audience is.  It seems they want to be the Saks 5th Avenue, Neiman Marcus, etc. of TV shopping.  I'm assuming they're also competing with Coldwater Creek and others (Sundance??) whose prices are also out of line.  Thank goodness there's Macy's with their great sales and free shipping; Blair, Lands End and a few other retailers with more reasonable prices.

@Foxxee Some upper middle income to wealthy buyers are quite tight and frugal with their money and always looking for bargains.  Why pay those prices when better quality, fit and lower prices can be found elsewhere?

That's me!  I can afford the ridiculous prices here but why when I can get equal quality for less??

Honored Contributor

Do you want cheese with that whine.... 😂.    

Respected Contributor

The thing is.......You gotta think of the future....even IF you have enough cash NOW!    di

Great point @Desertdi!  

Esteemed Contributor

I buy clothing at QVC less than once a month. Easy Pay is NOT a sale!  ITA that the prices are too high. I have plenty of other choices for fashion shopping locally- no waiting, no s/h and no spending $$ to try something on only to return it.

I am happy to spend less. I do take the occasional road trip to the QVC outlet, where prices are higher than they once were, but a lot less than what they are priced at for retail.

Super Contributor

@chrystaltree Really?  What a snotty reply.  Enjoy your ivory tower.