Occasional Contributor

Has anyone else been unhappy with the designs Quacker has been putting out lately? Too cutsey. Not my style at all. Plain with a little bling works for me and I have many of them. Haven't bought a new top from them in a while now. 

Honored Contributor

@BALDWINITE   I agree wholeheartedly.  They look dated and matronly.  I want no bling.  If they don't adapt to the times, they're going to be out of business.  I no longer even watch the shows. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

You know when Jean passed, so did my buying. It's not the same and yes, they wanted the brand to continue.  Same with Joan Rivers, I just can't do it.  She had remarkable clothing, jewelry and accessories.

So sorry you don't like anything but without Jean it's not the same.

Esteemed Contributor

Agree or don't but.....I never thought Angel was the best person to represent the line.  Silly - chatty - tries too hard to be funny.

I never bought a single piece from Jean ether -  not my cup of tea.

Valued Contributor

I bought tons of Quacker Factory clothes when Jean Bice was on . I really liked her shows and in the beginning she had lots of stuff with beautiful embroidery on and button covers .  I didn't like the sequins as well , they weren't as sturdy .  I lost weight and sold a lot of my QF stuff on Ebay .All of the QF sold . I sometimes wish I would have kept them just to look at , some were so nice ,  It's not at all the same thing now ,

Occasional Contributor

I don't tune in when they are on but I do get e-mail from Quacker Factory themselves. I don't think they were  this fuddy-duddy until this past year. They lost a good customer. I was willing to pay $45-50 for casual tops but not these designs. And enough with grommets!

Occasional Contributor

Yes I remember the beautiful embroidery and special buttons but now it's cheap stones and grommets. If there is any embroidery it's not up to the caliber it once was. 

Trusted Contributor

I liked the embroidery, but that may have been the times.  Still prefer embroidery over "bling."

Dislike all the bling - but feel like I am in the minority.

Prefer simple embroidery, no bling.  Have often felt that QF fabrics have been substantial (in the past) and superior.  No need for all the bling of sequins, grommets, stones.  But they seem to have a following for that stuff.

I have a black, long-sleeved tee from years ago with 3 beaded pumpkins on it -- love!!!! Still have it.  And I am NOT a "bling" person.  This is beautiful.  Of course I wear it only a few weeks a year.

Angel is fine.  Jeanne irritated me in her later years.

Honored Contributor

I haven't bought any QF in a few years. I prefer the more subtle designs, and they're aren't as many of those. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: QUACKER FACTORY

[ Edited ]

I don't like a lot of bling, but a little sparkle here and there works for me.  I had a QF denim jacket that just had a few rhinestones sprinkled down the front that I wore for years.  I also had a Christmas sweater that was a fabulous soft knit -- there was only a satin appliqued Santa face on one shoulder and his beard was rhinestones that fell down one side of the sweater.   If QF still had unique designs like that, I'd still be interested.   It seems that recently all the QF clothing is exactly the same with gromets, lots of sequins,  and unattractive embroidery.  

I wish QF would pull out some of the old pieces and do them again.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt