Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q's Memorial Day Sale-raised pricing, not a sale at all! Boo!!!

Well, the sales are great at the stores and even on the internet, sometimes you have to quit being a loyal customer and go out into the real world.

Respected Contributor

There are very FEW ""deals"" at QVC! Case in point...shoes are cheaper almost everywhere!

Regular Contributor

On 5/23/2014 PKB said:
On 5/23/2014 MurphiesLaw said:
On 5/23/2014 PKB said:

Prices have gone up everywhere! You really think QVC should never raise their prices? Some of you live in a fantasy world!

It's not just about raising prices. The OP mentioned QVC raised prices, marked them, "on sale". The sale price then being higher than the original price.

When QVC first came on the scene, there was very little competition. Today, many of the vendors on QVC have their own web sites and have better deals and shipping prices.

Then shop with them. The tactic of raising prices, then putting them on sale has been going on since forever!

I will certainly shop with them and thank you for your permission to do so. I certainly don't owe any retailer any loyalty.

Honored Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've ever heard a host say that QVC has the LOWEST PRICES of anyone!

Super Contributor

On 5/23/2014 PKB said:
On 5/23/2014 PKB said:

Prices have gone up everywhere! You really think QVC should never raise their prices? Some of you live in a fantasy world!

It's not just about raising prices. The OP mentioned QVC raised prices, marked them, "on sale". The sale price then being higher than the original price.

When QVC first came on the scene, there was very little competition. Today, many of the vendors on QVC have their own web sites and have better deals and shipping prices.

Then shop with them. The tactic of raising prices, then putting them on sale has been going on since forever!

I will certainly shop with them and thank you for your permission to do so. I certainly don't owe any retailer any loyalty.

Giving you permission.......what a silly thing to say! Was just stating the obvious

Trusted Contributor

On 5/23/2014 hopi said:

Well, the sales are great at the stores and even on the internet, sometimes you have to quit being a loyal customer and go out into the real world.

amen sisterSmile

Trusted Contributor

HSN is pretty sneaky too. I got a coupon in my e-mail for 20% off fashion purchases $50 or more, 25% off fashion purchases of $100 or more. They have a dress that is very similar to one that I want at ShopHQ but ShopHQ doesn't have my size. It's over $50 so 20% is taken off automatically......and then it goes right back on because of S&H charges & tax. The "discounted" dress on HSN is only a couple of $$$ less than the one on ShopHQ. I really like the dress but I don't want it that badly.

Honored Contributor

On 5/23/2014 suzeecat said:

You must be a fairly new QVC shopper. This tactic is nothing new for them. QVC has very few real bargains. I'm not saying they don't have some great products, and I do buy from them occasionally. But I never expect a bargain from them. They use lots of smoke & mirrors and double-talk.

ITA

I've gotten some great deals this weekend--J. Crew-30% off Banana Republic-40% off, online shoes 25% off, etc. etc. etc.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

QVC does not have ""sales"".

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

On 5/25/2014 winamac1 said:

QVC does not have "sales".

Exactly what I was going to say! If you're looking for a real sale, look elsewhere.