Honored Contributor

Re: Q fashion shows---don't get it

I'm a TJ Maxx and Marshalls girl, no shipping either way, great prices and many name brand items!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KKJ 

@KKJ wrote:

Seems whenever I tune in to a fashion show all I see are long-sleeve sweaters, shirts, cardigans and hoodies.  Do they not know how HOT it is?   At least where I live.  Maybe I'm watching the wrong shows?

Many of us who travel to parts of the world where the temperatures are cold during our summer like to see long-sleeve items items for us to purchase now. Plus there are parts of the United States that have very cool evenings at this time of the year. I have relatives who live in the state of Washington, up near the Canadian border, and they wear warmer clothing.

Honored Contributor

@Meowingkitty wrote:

It takes so long to ship by the time you get it in many parts of the country it wil be cooling down.😀

Ha ha....clever.  I just received an email from QVC (just before I read this) saying that 3 items I ordered from May will be delayed 2 more weeks. 

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RollTide2008 wrote:
Don’t you have air conditioning? I shiver all summer.

Seriously? You think I should crank the A/C so cold that a sweater or long sleeve, etc will be comfortable? Not to mention going out side in heat and humidity. Not very economical or conscientious to the environment.

Respected Contributor

Hmmm ... I've seen plenty of summer merchandise -- short sleeves and sleeveless, shorts, crops/capris/skimmers.

Talbots, for example, also has lightweight long-sleeved shirts, summer sweaters and jackets, long pants,and long-sleeved activewear-type pieces (hoodies, tops, etc.), in addition to shorts/sleeveless tops and dresses and other summer items. The Q's selection seems pretty normal to me.

Honored Contributor

@KKJ   I watched part of the Monday night fashion show and they had some every thing from sleeveless on down to long sleeve

No different from any of the brick and mortar where I actually have always bought most of my clothes  and will continue to do until it's impossible.

Respected Contributor

I'm the opposite.  I don't like short sleeves.  My preference is 3/4 sleeves.  I find long sleeves are always too long.  It's too cold at work with the air cranked up to high in the summer to even think of wearing short sleeves.

My short sleeve choice would be elbow length and I am seeing alot of that from Issac, D&C, Belle and Graver.

I also like the light weight sweaters I am seeing on the Q, not winter weight but good for spring and fall and summer evenings.  

3/4 to keep arms sort of covered from the sun and some protection from the air conditing.  The grocery stores and restaurants keep their air at freezing.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here in NE Ohio today it is 69° and breezy.  I have on a long sleeve shirt and boyfriend jeans. Earlier today I had on a zip up hoodie too.

Honored Contributor

@World Traveler 

So true.

I remember when I moved from S/E coastal GA ( near JAX, FL), to Bangor, ME, 60 miles this side of Canada.

I arrived with long sleeves and warm clothing, while the locals were wearing shorts and short sleeves!

Boy, did I look like a fish outta water, LOL!

BUT....the good part was that they eat lobster like it was chicken! YUMMMMM!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Valued Contributor

I'm also in NE Ohio, 69 degrees, and I'm cold.  (And my thyroid is fine).  I rather have 69 degrees, no humidity, than 90 degrees and humid.