Respected Contributor

Q-Sizing Specifics Please!!....hard enough to buy pants online or tv...

[ Edited ]

Watching Laurie Felt presentation for her baby bell jeans, which I was interested in...but having not gotten it right with Q before...I've sworn off denim off tv. (And, btw, Express has a great fit, great sales...so I recently bought two pairs from them that I love!)

That said...I'd have considered these today, but when you give sizing please...it would help if when you show the models, please go through them all, and say if they are wearing-- Regular or Petite, what their height is, AND what would be really helpful when a pant is xs, s, m etc (as these were today) PLEASE tell us what that model's true numeric size usually is!!  That is important info for me to judge what size I should get.  Also always tell us if they fit true to "fashion" sizing in the market...because Q-sizing runs ALL over the place, brand to brand, and traditional Q-sizing (which I'm sure they won't say on air) is "vanity" "roomy" sizing...they usually refer to "fashion" or "boutique" sizing on items that are not traditional sizing. (brands like Gili I believe run more like "fashion" sizing...but already that's just wayyyy too much work to entice me!) Yes you now have "free exchanges" but often....I have to still just return, as my actual size is sold out. so that didn't solve the problem in many cases...popular styles sell out. (Ex. Martha Stewart patchwork jeans I recently bought that didn't work for me...my correct size sold out. Have to now pay $7.00 to return. Not doing that again.)

Anyway....with all that, you can maybe see why I'd prefer to buy brick and mortar jeans and really, all pants.  However, I'd consider some on Q, like Laurie's today...but...you HAVE to be specific on the sizing...don't just reiterate what is posted on your page, but tell us Model's height and usual numeric size and if she's in petite or regular. (sometimes the "Petite" model will still be in the regular...so we need to know!!) Thank you!!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Q-Sizing Specifics Please!!....hard enough to buy pants online or tv...

@amyb  I totally agree with you, never enough talk regarding sizing!   With all these ways to describe fit?????? (fashion sizing etc)   What the heck is this all about??   Sizing, the way I look at it, should be all about measurements.   But sometimes even if they talk about sizing, you receive the item and the sizing is way off!!   The clothes are just not being made properly, that is the problem......It's pretty bad when I am actually excited to have something in my size from the Q actually fit me.

Honored Contributor

If you know your own body measurements, the garment measurements and how much wearing ease you prefer ... it shouldn't be a problem.

Since each QVC item gives the garment (CLICK HERE) measurements ... another easy way to figure out what size to buy ... measure a similar garment that you have in your closet and that fits the way you like.  Then compare YOUR garment measurements with QVC's garment measurements.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ALRATIBAwrote:

If you know your own body measurements, the garment measurements and how much wearing ease you prefer ... it shouldn't be a problem.

Since each QVC item gives the garment (CLICK HERE) measurements ... another easy way to figure out what size to buy ... measure a similar garment that you have in your closet and that fits the way you like.  Then compare YOUR garment measurements with QVC's garment measurements.

Well, it's true...and I look at those measurements etc also...

and I understand about measuring a pair of pants...yet every style of jean or pant is different-- where the waist comes, the leg type, etc.  And as I am watching a show, where sizes sometimes go quickly...all that is time consuming unless it's all in my head and my numbers are the same always...whereas I always know my numeric size at any given time for pants. That's all they need to say, as I'm looking at how it looks on the model it helps me...what she's wearing and her usual numeric size, how that corresponds to the xs, s, m, l. 

I'm a clothing buyer for a small, local boutique, and when we buy our pants and the reps are trying to advise us & we're trying to nail sizing, fit, style etc...it is our toughest thing...so the clearer info, the better.  We always say...pants are the hardest thing to buy for the store, the toughest thing for women to buy (other than bathing suits!)  

Oh well, I guess the moral for me is....I'm sticking to brick & mortar over Q.

Amazon I've ordered successfully from because it was repeats of styles I owned from brick and mortar and even so, with Amazon Prime I return for free!  Q's return charges are an issue and deterent with customers.