Respected Contributor

So last night at one of the Bon Ton Stores I'm in the shoe department and here's this woman attempting to try on a pair of Ryka's. She was having a difficult time and had many piles of shoe boxes next to her and I said "made for women by women" and she said you must shop at the Q. So we got talking and she said "oh no, I don't shop at the Q, I used to buy buy buy and anything they were selling I needed and I was so much out of control" I looked at her and thought, wow, there are really people out there like this. She continued on as to how much debt she racked up with their card and for awhile, she mentioned she didn't know how to "get out" from under the debt. Everything must be good right now since she appeared to be relieved that "it's over".

Needless, she was complaining about the Ryka's not fitting and I said I used to buy quite a lot of Ryka's years ago and since they changed them, I stay away from this brand. She didn't buy any shoes but it was quite pleasant "comparing notes about the Q" and what she liked vs what they are offering now.

Esteemed Contributor

That is an interesting conversation. I don't know anyone personally who shops anywhere to this degree. I have learned recently that my MIL, who got started on Q many years ago, a few years before I ever got cable or knew they existed, still takes the hosts very seriously and believes every word they say about the products. It just came as a surprise to me, that's all. There are so many different types of people and personalities and "needs" in this world.

Super Contributor

Very interesting!

It is sad that some people buy into everything the hosts say. It's a pleasant diversion for some people and I get that but with some I think it gets to be an obsession that's when there is a problem.

And, btw Rykas have never fit me. I have tried several different pairs at different times and I guess they just don't fit my feet. I found them very uncomfortable.