Valued Contributor

Re: Q PLEASE, WHAT'S WITH THE SAME PROGRAMING OVER AND OVER?

I'm right there with you all. I have been ordering somethings for Christmas gifts and I'm in transition losing weight. I'm having major surgery on 11/20, with two more to follow...so, I wanted to at least get a few things. I wish since they are rushing the Christmas shows that they would initiate the holiday return policy!

Clark shoes aren't even as good as they were say 10-15 yrs ago...even with their pricier ranges. And less and less for the narrow and wide feet girls. It's like watching summer reruns!

And, to the poster that suggested the suggestion box....believe it the mods & PTB @ Q are reading every post in every topic!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

deleted

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was waiting for the annual flashlight presentations to begin and yesterday I saw my first. Oy Vey!  And before someone suggests I change the channel...I do ....and then when I come back and hour later...the same presentation is being shown.  My goal this month is no Q purchases.  Four days and counting.  VPH is my downfall.  I guess they are trying to appeal to new customers and I do like the Q and enjoy a nice informative presentation

Oh and PS the emoticons are awful!  I miss  rolling, laughing smiley!rolling.gif

If at first you don't succeed......I finally learned how to post a picture!  This forum should be easy for all, not frustrating.

Honored Contributor

I hardly watch any of the shopping channels on the weekends, they all seem to have bad programming-especially HSN, it is a snooze fest on their channels on the weekends, mostly all electronics-all day both Sat and Sunday with a little Andrew Lessman or Diane Gilman thrown in.....Evine has been on an Invicta Marathon with a little Isomers thrown in, and QVC has mattresses, cooking and way too much Christmas!!!!!! They all need to learn to mix it up a bit-I hardly watch anymore and if I do it is for an hour or so, I get too bored with the same vendors..and products!!!!!!   

Super Contributor

@Luvtoshopathome wrote:

oh how could I forget Dooney and Bourke?

And Philosophy, Temptations and SG.  

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi ha, yes I avoid evine when they are in that mode.  It may interest someone but that someone is not me. 

Esteemed Contributor

@avid shopper I used to buy those little flashlights from QVC but I changed to the bell & howell brand sold elsewhere as they are so much better IMO.

and I agree with you about changing the channel when something bugs me enough.  Like you, I hate it when people tell others who are not happy that they can do that, but I figure if it is my choice, then yea verily, I shall.

Esteemed Contributor

Sadly for those of us who actually enjoy watching the shopping channels they are in the same boat as the rest of the retail world and have to play it very safe these days in terms of what's offered.  I find many brick and mortar stores are buying less inventory and the styles are almost too basic to be called basic. Retailers simply are not taking a lot of risks for fear that the merchandise will not sell.  For the TV retailers what this means is that there is a week after week rotation of the same brands and products.  Since TV retail is so visual and youa re relaxed at home that makes the repeats more noticeable. When you are in a store even it the offerings are lackluster, you're still out and about, which makes you feel more stimulated than watching boring at home.  

Valued Contributor

Well, it looks like tomorrow (10-06-'15) is another day of "Holiday Shopping."

Occasional Contributor

i certainly agree with you all that if i see issac mizaretti or wen or it  cosmetics one more time i will scream. it seems like if its a really popular vender or one you really like you never see them. i know its all about money but folks like me will stop watching if every once in a while something you are interested in doesnt come on.