Contributor

Re: Q Fashion Price Increases

I so agree Momcat.

Trusted Contributor

They seem to overprice certain lines more than others too if they know customers will pay it.  I saw a beautiful Louis DO tunic top the other day in his lovely whisper knit fabric.  It was regular price at right under $50 dollars and the style was very similar to LOGO.  He did point out that on the sides, which hung a bit lower like many of LOGO tops, that he had used extra material to form a godat so they would not stick out as many of that tunic type styles do on the sides.

So between his gorgeous whisper knit fabric and a better style design, Louis's top was still close to $25 less than a similar LOGO top and there is no comparison between the two fabrics or the design features.  Just an example of gouging the customer because they know they can.  

Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed price increases both in online shopping and in bricks and mortar stores. Those clothes made overseas come at a cost as those foreign manufacturers get paid in U.S. dollars. Then if I compare the identical item sold on QVC in the U.S. and sold on The Shopping Channel in Canada, I've seen the undiscounted prices nearly doubled in Canada. Same with HSN. Even at bricks and mortar stores the list prices easily jump up $10 to 20 dollars each season.

I'm only buying clothes and shoes on sale and I'll research it online too. At least TSC will put clothes on sale with real sale pricing unlike QVC who thinks a 5 dollars off is a sale.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Just this past Tuesday:  'All of a sudden' I noticed that prices were up in a few local nation-wide local smaller stores.  About ten to twenty dollars higher per item than normal for the same items and types of clothing.  I recall saying to my friend: 'Gee, they raised the prices in just one week or so', and my friend said: 'It's the holiday season'...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Occasional Contributor

I cannot afford the drastic price increases.  Even Denim & Co. tops start at $35 plus.  The lunchtime specials are even too expensive.  $50 for pull up pants with no buttons, zippers or tailoring!

Honored Contributor

I prefer going to a store and trying things on before buying over shopping online and having to pay S&H .

Respected Contributor

@proshop2

Last year, I vowed to only purchase LTS clothing (& I do).  The prices have skyrocketed almost three-fold in some instances.

Honored Contributor

While prices have also increased in other places I shop -Blair & woman within to name a couple - they have not done the drastic leap in prices that QVC has taken.

Honored Contributor

The Q price increases might be palatable IF they also increase consistency in their sizing, used better fabrics, had more designers, and included some kind of S&H reduction. Until then, I am done, I don't even watch any more.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Q prices have definitely gone up and so have other retailers. The continuing high U.S. dollar makes clothing imported into the U.S. expensive as foreign manufacturers get paid in U.S. dollars. This is also one of the reasons that jewelry made overseas is expensive as those manufacturers also get paid in U.S. dollars too.

Nowadays 97% of clothing sold in the U.S. is made overseas. Expect even higher prices on things imported into the U.S. if a border adjustment tax is ever implemented.